Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE data collecting w/ HPTnr's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VE data collecting w/ HPTnr's

My general question is how are you guys collecting data for your VE calc's. I understand the formulas and how everything corresponds but how are you collecting the data to correct the entire table. Since the table is MAP vs. RPM how are you getting various MAP pressures thoughout the RPM ranges. Are you simply collecting a series of pionts and then adjusting the entire table by the difference or what.

After reading, reading, and reading I gather that the RIGHT way to tune is to:
1) do the VE calc's and make the proper changes to the table.
2) then adjust PE for correct A/F utilizing a WB.
3) adjust timing to the piont that your just on the border of getting knock.

Any corrections and input would be great..thanks guys
Old 08-18-2004, 07:33 PM
FormerVendor

We are using ChrisB's LFA his program takes all data points and groups them together averages them and displays them in the same tabular format of the ve table. No one has gotten it to work with HPTuners yet only EFIlive
Old 08-18-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
We are using ChrisB's LFA his program takes all data points and groups them together averages them and displays them in the same tabular format of the ve table. No one has gotten it to work with HPTuners yet only EFIlive
Yeah, I tried it for .2 seconds too. There is no way. I have even tried doing pretty much what HPTuners does, and converting my logs into my own histograms. I really think you need to be in the ballpark already with your trims before the VE table does any good. If I ever get a second to myself I am probably going to try starting with a scaled MAF table. I tried IFR, it wouldn't work...I tried VE alone...same result. Next up...MAF table! Woohoo!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

See horist is using the ve table mainly to tune his LTFTs and his STFTs. How come you and i are the only ones having an issue with this. I am hoping mine is from vaccum leaks
Old 08-18-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

See horist is using the ve table mainly to tune his LTFTs and his STFTs. How come you and i are the only ones having an issue with this. I am hoping mine is from vaccum leaks
Perhaps. I bet he still can't get it under control. I just got my expanding freeze plug so I can eliminate the EGR tube (and the possibility of it being a leak). I am also running a fixed orifice PCV, so I am going to pull that out of the equation by capping it for a little while. I mean, anything is possible I suppose...
Old 08-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Well I have EFILive too! How does ChrisB's program values correlate to HPTuners?? Can the values be pasted in or is there some type of conversion that you have to do??
Old 08-19-2004, 06:51 AM
FormerVendor

It corelates to HPTuners because the ve table from chris's program is laid out exactly the way the HPTuners main ve table is laid out. Unfortunately you will have to enter them by hand one by one. There is no conversion to be dont unless you are using edit and in that case Chris's prgram does that also
Old 08-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Does anyone know what tables have to be logged in Hp Tuner to work with Chris B LFA program?
Old 08-19-2004, 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

VE%=SAE.MAF.gps}*({SAE.IAT.C}+273.15)/(346*{SAE.RPM}*{SAE.MAP.kPa})*212544"
Old 08-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. Unfortunately my laptop can't take the *.NET progam required for Chris B program but my work computer will. I think I'm just going to do it the hard way and do a bunch of logging of the required values and then make the calculations and see how it goes.