Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

I wasnt sure if this is were I needed to post this so if it needs to be somewhere else please move it.

The other day I was working on the bird and when I finished up I didnt plug the MAF and the air sensor back up. I went and took the car for a drive and it wasnt driving very well and then the SES light came on. I pulled into a parking lot to take a look and I saw the MAF and the air sensors unpluged so I pluged them back in and drove the car back home. After I plugged them back in the car ran good, I just needed to turn off the SES light. I pulled the PCM batt and the PCM ign fuses to fix the SES light and it did the trick. I didnt drive my car around but I did start it up and let it run to smooth out. I didnt drive the car for the rest of the weekend and on Monday I took the car to the dealership to get the water pump replaced and drove it home and thats it. Tues day I drove the car to work and noticed that the idle sticks up at a 1000 then after a sec it drops down to 800. I know this happened 6 months ago when i put my ported TB on but the computer adjusted and its been fine ever since till now. Ive driven the car all week and it hasent straited out yet. Should I just give it more time or is there something else wrong??

Thanks, sorry for the long post.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh and the idle doesnt always stick, but it does most of the time.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like idle relearn. Should straighten our once the PCM figures out what's going on
Old 08-20-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool thats what I was thinking too. Thanks