Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get a tune in NC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a tune in NC?

I'm going to do my head and cam swap after reading how much this is going to cost. I need to get it tuned so where in eastern NC could i get it tuned? I want someone who knows how to tune the LS1's really well. HELP!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Need2gofaster
I'm going to do my head and cam swap after reading how much this is going to cost. I need to get it tuned so where in eastern NC could i get it tuned? I want someone who knows how to tune the LS1's really well. HELP!

I would also like to know. I've heard of some places in charlotte but thats like 41/2hrs away. Also I live like 45mins from Myrtle Beach if theres any in that area. Hey man where are you from? The Ls1 to mustang ratio around here is like 10 to 1. This place is like 20 years behind time. Very small area. I live like 45 mins from Wilmington which is a pretty big city They call it little hollywood or wilmywood cause they film a lot of movies threre, still even in that area all you see is ricers and mustangs.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

I live in Havelock which is north east of jacksonville NC. It's in the middle of nowhere. i'm a Marine stationed here.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

I live in Havelock which is north east of jacksonville NC. It's in the middle of nowhere. i'm a Marine stationed here.
Cool not far from me. A buddy of mine just got out. He is staying with me for a while. He said there is quite a few f-bodys around camp lejune I doubt you know him since there is like 1000's of yall there (Lance Cpl.) Corey Dolski is his name. There needs to be more f-body involvment in our area.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

There are plenty of both around here. We go to the Sonic on Fridays and harass the Mustangs. But there is no place around here that does mainly LS1's It really sucks. i was hoping someone would know of somewhere close i could take my car. I need to go faster!
Old 08-19-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

There are plenty of both around here. We go to the Sonic on Fridays and harass the Mustangs. But there is no place around here that does mainly LS1's It really sucks. i was hoping someone would know of somewhere close i could take my car. I need to go faster!
I'll have to check out the sonic scene sometime. Your about an 11/2 hrs. from me. I tried to organize something like that for what little people I know that have our cars at the Hooters in wilmington bunch of damn lazys! I'll post some pics of my ride in a minute. At least this is keeping your thread at the top of the page. HA! HA! HA!
Old 08-19-2004, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
I'll have to check out the sonic scene sometime. Your about an 11/2 hrs. from me. I tried to organize something like that for what little people I know that have our cars at the Hooters in wilmington bunch of damn lazys! I'll post some pics of my ride in a minute. At least this is keeping your thread at the top of the page. HA! HA! HA!
There are some pretty bad mustangs, but i can take 95% of them on a stock motor and 150 shot. But i wanna break the 10's here soon but if i cant get my car tuned after my cam and heads install i'm not going to beat anyone!
Old 08-19-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Here are my pics there are 10 pics total be sur to look under the first post for the next 5 https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...e+posting+pics
Old 08-19-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up in Durham you have www.carolinaautomasters.com Jeff Creech there can give you a great tune. And free updates for life. He will do my car when the motor is finally done. That's about the closest place to Havelock that has a dyno and someone who can actually tune LS1's. It would be well worth the drive.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks man. I will check him out.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i second carolina auto masters....
Old 09-03-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

Are They Still Open??? I Just Tried To Call Them From The Number On Thier Web Site And Was Told The Number Had Been Disconnected. Any Body Know Of Anywhere Else. How About South Eastern Virginia.