Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fireball, Chris, jmX, its STICKY TIME

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fireball, Chris, jmX, its STICKY TIME

I think that with the outbreak of "i need a cam" or "help me pick a cam" posts, it is high time that jrp's cam guide be copied, and pasted into this forum as a sticky. I am sure jrp is tired of saying 'search and sig' already. I know I spent three months reading and searching and searching and reading before I figured out what cam I wanted. Now people spend twenty minutes, see a few cam specs, and post a question asking if this is right for them. I know this forum is for education purposes, but damn, self-education is a wonderful thing.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True...but so is self-searching. The info is here, they just aren't taking the time look for it. They aren't going to to take the time to read a sticky either. Most just want answers without doing any legwork.

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
but damn, self-education is a wonderful thing.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:04 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HavATampa
True...but so is self-searching. The info is here, they just aren't taking the time look for it. They aren't going to to take the time to read a sticky either. Most just want answers without doing any legwork.
Ding Ding Ding
Old 08-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Originally Posted by HavATampa
slackers
Old 08-22-2004, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Its still a good idea to concentrate good info when you can for the searchers/lurkers like me who would prefer to avoid spending a lot of time sifting through 100s of search results of "what about this cam" or whatever to find the one or two with some meat. Of course not all knowledge can be distilled into a few helpful articles, but doing what you can to collect it may reduce some of the dumb posts or at least raise the content level of those posts a little bit.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, we all know the info is here. Those of us who are able to use the search button effectively(which everyone should, hell coco the gorilla could learn) don't need centralized information. Yet those who don't take the time, sometimes need a little booster to get them started. I for one found JRP's guide very informative, and gave me a great base with which to start my cam decision. There is no exscuse for lack of effort, however giving people a boost is always helpful. Now things such as what happened yesterday, when this hero https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/207094-why-cant-i-post-sale-section.html wanted to ask a question that was CLEARLY answered in an OBVIOUS way. JRP jumped his ***. I thought for a pretty good reason. If you're using this forum, and don't take the time to read the stickies, thats your own damn fault. You get flamed for your own ignorance, deal with it.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Banned

Not a bad idea at all.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmm....lets bump this to the top in light of recent posts.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Wouldnt be a bad idea but some people just dont care to look at stickys. Even with it as a sticky there will still be people askin it.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

I know I have been one of the ask and answer guys lately but I can say one thing.... I have SOME knowledge of old school small blocks (ie pre 86) BUT have never delt with computer controls. I asked a few questions that I really couldn't find clear answers on. Like the thread about the 112 lsa and stock PCM... got flamed with do a search but before the post I did and even read the sig cam guide but didn't really understand if it would work. i wish I knew more about what is what with computer controled motors but I don't. With my pre 86 motors I put in the cam and tuned with the screw driver accordingly as I drove. Now its lap tops and dynos and that is what throughs me for a loop... I don't have acess to tuners readily or people with lap top knowledge so its guys like me that ask questions because we really don't know or comprehend whats what.

I am glad for the wealth of knowledge here and the informative replies. I do use the search function then if I don't understand I ask for clarification.

I would definatley like to see a sticky thread from the guys sig with all the cam info... it did help out alot.

Bonedog