Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

zaino'ing an artic white ws6

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zaino'ing an artic white ws6

i searched around the net a bit before i posted this, didnt really find any good info. should i even bother with zaino on my white ws6?

i havent waxed a car in over 5 years (didnt have one to wax...) but before that i just used nufinish since it was cheap and easy to apply. this is the first time i'll be waxing my new car.

the car is mainly a weekend rig, i just want something thats easy and shines nice.

any suggestions? if zaino will have a noticablebly better shine than a nufinish type of wax i'm all for it, but if not i'd hate to drop the dime on something i dont really need.

any advice on a easy shine would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Launching!

don't forget zaino is not a wax, its a polish, entirely different application process. It'll have a better shine than nufinish and it'll last ten times as long. Its an easy shine and its not THAT expensive.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was using zaino on my car, but I recently just switched to using black magic liquid wax. Alot easier/quicker to apply and still shines great.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

or, if you don't want to drop the big money, get Meguires NXT..
Old 08-25-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

The most important factor for a great shine is prep work. You need to claybar and then polish your car with a chemical and/or abrasive polish. That is where the real depth, color, and shine comes from.

Use a carnauba wax for a deeper, warmer glow with less durability, or use a sealant (like Zaino) for a brighter shine that is longer lasting.

If I were you, I would buy Poorboy's SSR 2, Klasse AIO, and Zaino Z2,Z6, and Z7. www.autogeek.net and www.zainostore.com

That is a great combo on white that will last a long time.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

wow, this is complicated stuff... (scratches head)

the one thing that really limits me is i cant wash my rig at home unless i park it in the alley and block thru traffic. i know that it would be best to wash with dawn and then claybar it all to get rid of all the grime, but the car looks pretty nice as is and if i'm just looking for a quick shine will if hurt if i just get it as clean as i can and lay down some black magic or nufinish wax? i wouldnt want to do a sealant without first stripping off all the old wax and grime, but from what i gather a wax is alot less involved than sealants.

thanks for the tips fellas. mucho appreciated.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

If you don't want to do any work, then Nufinish sounds like your product.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badhoopty
wow, this is complicated stuff... (scratches head)

the one thing that really limits me is i cant wash my rig at home unless i park it in the alley and block thru traffic. i know that it would be best to wash with dawn and then claybar it all to get rid of all the grime, but the car looks pretty nice as is and if i'm just looking for a quick shine will if hurt if i just get it as clean as i can and lay down some black magic or nufinish wax? i wouldnt want to do a sealant without first stripping off all the old wax and grime, but from what i gather a wax is alot less involved than sealants.

thanks for the tips fellas. mucho appreciated.
just do this
wash
clay
wax
youll be fine.
Now if you want to go all out and do what ZaneO said that will take a lot longer but it sounds like you just want a wash & wax
Old 08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

I use zanio on my white WS6. I have not tried many other products, but I think it is worth it. Complete strangers approach me all the time to comment on the car. (and in my opinion my car is NOT flashy). So, good luck in finding what you need, but I use zaino and think it's worth it.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

crap, now you guys got me feeling like a lazy ***...

Old 08-25-2004, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

I use NXT on my white T/A, it gives it an awesome shine and its easy to use.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Everyone thinks zaino is so friggin complicated. Buts its the same process you would use on any car with any other wax/polish to get it looking great.

Here is what I would do with white:

go to zainos site if you want to order some good cleaning stuff. Get the Z7 wash, Z6 detailer spray(this stuff rocks), and some Z2. Any clay bar will work and I just clayed the nose of my car and the side fenders(anywhere tar and grime was bound to be found). You can order the clay bar from there site if you want to also.

Z7 is the car wash which smells great! I just use it for the smell and half a cap full does my whole car. Been using the same car wash bottle for 2 years lol.

Z2 is for shine and reflection. On white thats bascially all you want since it doesnt really show scratches and swirls that bad. But if you do have fien scratches and swirls then forget about the Z2 polish and get Z5! Z5 is a polish that fills swirls and scratches in. It really helps on black! Many tend to follow up Z5 with Z2, but trust me, you wont see a difference since the Z5 shines just as good!

Z6 is just a detailer spray. You use that in between coats or just for quick touch ups. Usually you want to use this in the shade since its pretty strong and will streak in the sun cause it drys quick. Most sprays do that though.

The next question: Zaino doesnt dry really quick. Its takes about 30mins to 3 hours to cure. You can get ZFX if you are in a rush which is just a additive which makes the Z5 OR 2 dry in about 10-15mins. You dont have to use it cause sometimes my z5 would dry within 15mins when the air is great outside.

all the above is what you need for a good looking car.. you can get NXT or other off the shelf waxes/polish and those will look great also. I like NXT and I use that on quick jobs such as trucks where I dont have 2-3 hours to spend with. NXT drys in about 5mins and is simple to use. 12bucks a bottle...

good luck and happy cleaning. One reason I like zaino is because I had a issue with a bottle of Z5 I got. But I later found out it was weather related. Anyway, I called Sal, owner of zaino and he helped me greatly! How many companys can u get the actaully owner on the phone? Now I talk to him fairly often and he's a top notch guy

BTW, zaino on black just flat out rocks!! I need shades to look at the shine. But it doesnt make the car perfect since I have sunbursts and so forth that only buffing or a new paint job willl take out. Same with any car! But the reflection is flat out awesome.. Ill never switch to anything else
Old 08-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98TAauto
BTW, zaino on black just flat out rocks!! I need shades to look at the shine. But it doesnt make the car perfect since I have sunbursts and so forth that only buffing or a new paint job willl take out. Same with any car! But the reflection is flat out awesome.. Ill never switch to anything else
You should grab a PC, some pads and some polish and really get your car looking good...
Old 08-26-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

a what??
Old 08-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

One of these Bad Boys... Works wonders !! Best hand job you could ever give your car..

Read this and learn

Last edited by sQuashed; 08-26-2004 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-26-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Veteran

ahhhhh.. always wanted one of those, just weas afraid to test it on black lol. But with the obitial one you really cant mess anything up

thanks for the info
Old 08-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Very true.. I was scared to death at first, but for no reason at all I learned. I practiced first on my 89 Blazer
Old 08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, Zaino works great on a white car, I get blinded in the sun every time
Old 08-29-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sQuashed
One of these Bad Boys... Works wonders !! Best hand job you could ever give your car..

Read this and learn
that is unreal, i really need to try that
Old 08-31-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Zaino will give you the great shine, but it will also provide the best in durability and protection.

Quick Reply: zaino'ing an artic white ws6