PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is wrong with my car? Tuning related???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 02:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is wrong with my car? Tuning related???

Ok I thought my car started as a hard charger but after my header install I was not very pleased. I got the basic mods on my 02 Z28 6 spd. Lid, Headers, ORYP, LM catback. for suspension I got BMR TA, SFC's, and LCA's. and I use BFG DR's. Ok stock my car ran 13.19@109.something on stock goodyears. now after my header install and DR's I ran only a 13flat@108 WTF. I need to figure out what the hell to do. I got my car dynoed recently too 332hp and 345tq and my AF ratio starts at the mid twelves then dropped down into the low 11's. Can running that rich be the cause of the sorry gains in ET and lost in MPH? I also blame my clutch it is the stocker and it has been heated up a time or two. I got a new clutch lined up and I also have a 9inch and TNT F1 kit ready to be thrown in after I get out of this fricken desert next week. Deployments suck!!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adding headers caused my car to run rich on the top end and took the car awhile to adapt. Tuning really helped it. But comparing the two track runs is tough because weather plays a huge part of ET and mph as does a good 60 ft.