TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cadillac ULS

Ultra Luxury Sedan?

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/65828

Old 08-26-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

It is so nice that GM can make all of these rwd V8 cars, that are freaking exensive!!! Where is the working man's (or college students) RWD V8??? GM is losing who their customer base is.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Start from the top and work your way down man.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

No official sketches, no care.

GM has also publicly denied any plans for a top class luxury car as well. That segment is very low volume, and very crowded right now.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TriShield
No official sketches, no care.

GM has also publicly denied any plans for a top class luxury car as well. That segment is very low volume, and very crowded right now.
And yet I still think it would be a success even if it were a sales flop (case in point the Viper). If Caddy truely wants to lock horns with BMW and Mercedes, then they need a Halo Sedan to remind everyone that "Cadillac is the Cadillac of luxury brands".
Old 08-27-2004, 04:52 AM
TECH Resident

To me it seems like the only logical thing to do. The STS already tops out at over $60k. The replacement for the Deville will definitely have to go upmarket to compete with MBs S-Class, BMWs 7er, Audis A8 and the rest of the competition. A V12 supercar like the Cien sadly is not what Caddy is looking for at this time, but a big *** boat based on the Sixteen (but probably not as extravagant and expensive) is the type of big dog Caddy needs to go toe to toe with the big boys in Europe and Japan.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
And yet I still think it would be a success even if it were a sales flop (case in point the Viper).
okay.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

okay.
Vehicles like the Viper rarely if ever break even, much less generate the company significant profit. As a matter of Fact the Corvette which is profitable would be axed because of low profit margin and volume were it not for th Halo effect it has on selling other Chevy cars and truck and the image and free PR it gives to the company. The GMC Sycolne and Typhoon were both huge Sales Flops, but GM brass say they were two of the most succesful vehicles GMC has ever sold because it sold more non Syclone/Typhoon GMC trucks than they would have had without. Of course they chose not to continue those vehicles because brass decided they did their purpose and it wasn't worth another new negative profit run on the new platform, but you get my point.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
you get my point.
I already knew all that. Your choice of words through me off. Halo vehicles aren't meant to sell in high numbers, so they don't really flop so to speak.

With my first post, I was pretty much reiterating what GM suits have said when asked if they will produce the Sixteen or a car like it.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

I already knew all that. Your choice of words through me off. Halo vehicles aren't meant to sell in high numbers, so they don't really flop so to speak.

With my first post, I was pretty much reiterating what GM suits have said when asked if they will produce the Sixteen or a car like it.
As much as I love the 16, I personally don't think it's the Halo car Caddy should aim at. Something more like an S class would probably fit their intended market better IMOHO..... though between shooting for Merc or shooting for BMW I would preffer the later.

Quick Reply: Cadillac ULS