Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Audi RS3 (TT V6)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Audi RS3 (TT V6)

Via e-mail kregen we een tip binnen van een oplettende surfer. Volgens de website Audi-Passion is Audi bezig met een S of RS uitvoering van de A3 welke momenteel getest wordt onder de carrosserie van de onlangs geïntroduceerde Sportback. Volgens de bron loopt de snelheidsmeter op tot 280 km/h en is de toerenteller begrensd op 7500 toeren per minuut. De V6 motor uit de TT is goed voor meer dan 300 pk, klinkt erg rauw en lijkt qua geluid op een V8. Verder is de betrapte auto voorzien van 18" RS6 velgen, dubbele uitlaat en geventileerde schijven rondom.

Love the Euro being used for a measurement....funny.....
Old 08-26-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Audi bringing the A3 to the USA is a good thing.

A much more affordable Audi.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Audi bringing the A3 to the USA is a good thing.

A much more affordable Audi.
I much prefer the look of the 3-door Hatch A3 over the 5 door personally, but if they made an RS3 Affordable (less than $40K) then that would be cool. They really need to juice up the S4 though. It's getting left by the competition (CTS-V, new 400hp V8 M3, C55....)
Old 08-26-2004, 10:55 AM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think that the front end will wear well over time.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
I much prefer the look of the 3-door Hatch A3 over the 5 door personally, but if they made an RS3 Affordable (less than $40K) then that would be cool. They really need to juice up the S4 though. It's getting left by the competition (CTS-V, new 400hp V8 M3, C55....)
That's why they're supposedly working on a B6 RS4.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
That's why they're supposedly working on a B6 RS4.
About 2 years ago when the current S4 came out there was rampant rumors of a 2-Door S4 Coupe (not a convertible) with AWD and 400hp.... man now that would have been the sweetness.... oh well. Why is it Audi comes out with the coolest concepts of any car company I've seen, yet their actual cars are the most conservative yawners this side of a Volvo?? shesh!
Old 08-26-2004, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

About 2 years ago when the current S4 came out there was rampant rumors of a 2-Door S4 Coupe (not a convertible) with AWD and 400hp.... man now that would have been the sweetness.... oh well. Why is it Audi comes out with the coolest concepts of any car company I've seen, yet their actual cars are the most conservative yawners this side of a Volvo?? shesh!
I thought it was badass how their baddest *** cars were only available as Avants for a while. The Porsche built inline 5 powered RS2 and the bi-turbo V6 powered RS4 were awesome rides that not only hauled *** but could haul your stuff. IMO the Tiptronic only RS6 was a step down from the previous two RS cars from Audi. Seems like they're puling a BMW and going from pure driving dynamics and awesome looks to excessive technology and crappy exterior design.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
I thought it was badass how their baddest *** cars were only available as Avants for a while. The Porsche built inline 5 powered RS2 and the bi-turbo V6 powered RS4 were awesome rides that not only hauled *** but could haul your stuff. IMO the Tiptronic only RS6 was a step down from the previous two RS cars from Audi. Seems like they're puling a BMW and going from pure driving dynamics and awesome looks to excessive technology and crappy exterior design.
Personally I don't think their exteriors are crappy I just think theyre b-o-r-i-n-g. Sort of like going to Walmart and opening up a big White Box labeld "Car" and there inside is your new Audi.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Personally I don't think their exteriors are crappy I just think theyre b-o-r-i-n-g. Sort of like going to Walmart and opening up a big White Box labeld "Car" and there inside is your new Audi.
The interiors are completely awesom. However, the new grill design and has been hard to accept by some.

But, even though the outside is conservative, I do not think it boring.

And, I would like to see their LeManns concept become reality with its powerplant (drool). I love that one. The Pikes Peak is a little to neuvo for me.

Quick Reply: Audi RS3 (TT V6)