Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion needed (Sound): Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion needed (Sound): Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow cat-back

I've got a Magnaflow cat back on my SS, but I've decided to go with Pacesetter LT's. I can't decide wether I should get the ORY or go with a Catted Y, or just save up and get the TSP true duals. I want the car to be fairly quiet at low rpms, like it is now, but loud when I wind it up.

How is the will the pacesetter's sound with the ORY and magnaflow?
Old 08-26-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jason.sabovich
I've got a Magnaflow cat back on my SS, but I've decided to go with Pacesetter LT's. I can't decide wether I should get the ORY or go with a Catted Y, or just save up and get the TSP true duals. I want the car to be fairly quiet at low rpms, like it is now, but loud when I wind it up.

How is the will the pacesetter's sound with the ORY and magnaflow?
Search...
www.ls1sounds.com
Old 08-29-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

I just got Pacesetters to complete that setup you speak of (with the ORY). At idle, it sounds the same as before, just a bit more crisp and clear with the sound. And gentle acceleration, it is a bit louder and has some rasp between 2k-3k RPMs. At WOT, it absolutely screams like you would not believe a catback could do. It's amazing.

It basically still keeps the deep Magnaflow rumble, just gains alot of volume at WOT, some volume in between, and some rasp.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

That's what I was hoping for. Does it smell like unburnt fuel much without the cats? My wife will refuse to ride in the car if it stinks.