Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 Hawk vs. Honda Accord (v6 $ nawz!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 02 Hawk vs. Honda Accord (v6 $ nawz!) [/B] UPDATE!!!! [B]

Ok this may be a little dumb, but here goes. A co-worker of mine thinks he can beat me to the mile marker in his stock 02 Honda accord V-6 (V-TEC ) Coupe and all he has to do is add n2o. I said he is crazy and I will put money I will win. By the way, he don't even have the n2o, but let's say he gets it. Does he stand a chance of winning or will I rape him, take his lunch money and get my truck and trailer to pull the dead honda back. BTW, the rest of the people in my office believe he will kill me. Input please.

And I am all stock.

Also, I was trying to find some articles on the honda with some performance #'. Any help on that would be cool too.

UPDATE on page 3!!!

Last edited by 02transhawk; 03-24-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude, you'd kill him in the 1/4... and he wants to race a full MILE???? Is he TRYING to see how small of a dot he can become in your mirror?? Even if he put in a 200 shot of N2O, not only would it probably not be a full 200 h.p. shot, but it still wouldn't help him enough to even be close to your bumper. Tell him to throw on the N2O, so he can waste $500 and still get his *** kicked.

Dude, you seriously have absolutely nothing to worry about. NOTHING. I can't believe how retarded people can be.

Oh, and also, within a mile's distance, you'd be well over 150 m.p.h., and his car only tops out between 130-145. So even if he was JUST as QUICK as you (would take a hell of a lot more work than just nitrous), you'd still have the top end advantage on him.

Like I said, this whole situation is just something to laugh about. I wouldn't worry one bit about what he says. Hell, I'd race him the full mile just because it'd put you THAT much farther ahead of him. People talk about killing ricers by car lengths and bus lengths: if you race him from a dig or even a roll for an entire mile, you'll probably have a full 1/4 mile on his *** by the time you hit 1 mile. Either laugh this off, or put money on it and go kick his ***!
Old 08-26-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Watch out he will get a vtec controller and destroy you . Ahh Man cath him going home on the highway and give him 3rd gear till you cant see his car anymore Then again he isnt worth the run on your motor
Old 08-26-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

these are my thoughts exactly. I was thinking I would put up 500 up front for the expense of the n2o and another 500 at the race to maybe only 100 of his $$$. I just wanted to see if I was wrong about this car.

Thanx for the reassurance. I must have been having a brain fart. The funniest part about it is every1 esle in the office is on his side. Maybe I can get them in on the betting.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Launching!

the trick is to not let him back out. make sure there are a bunch of people around who he cares about (what they think of him) when you bring up the idea of the bet.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Definitely bring a few "witnesses" to see the beating. I can't believe he wants to be killed even MORE by doing the full mile.

The '02 V6's have 200 h.p. and 195 lb-ft of torque. Even if he's the lighter Coupe model and has a 5 speed, he's still in for a raping. Think of yourself going down the 1/4 mile against a 10-second car. See how badly the difference is? The 5speed Coupe EX V6's 0-60 is like high 7's, and the fastest 1/4 mile time I've seen for these things is high 15's with a great driver/low-all the way to high-16's with average Joe's. If he has an automatic, things are just gonna be slower for him.

I seriously can not understand how one would believe that an "average" shot of nitrous (say 50-100 on a stock car) can bring his times down to your pace. A 100-shot on his car would probably put him into the low 15's, and no amount of juice can make your top speed any higher, so no matter how much quicker he gets there he's still gonna be bouncin' off the rev-limiter at speeds WELL below yours.

I'm honestly wondering if he and everyone in the office are just in this as a joke, otherwise you work with some really, REALLY stupid people. <-- not a joke
Old 08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^
Old 08-27-2004, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

In a mile long race you will Spank him and even be able to turn around and wave on the way back, about 1/2 way . Just look at the 1/4 mile speeds the LS1 is carrying, I am at 110mph. Yes there are some AWD Talons at my loal track running low 12's but at only 102mph. So it does not take a math wiz to figure out that the higher speed will over come being quick. Especially in a mile long race...

Spankem,then take his Girl and watch him ...
Old 08-27-2004, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Teach that phucker a lesson about American muscle.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

reminds me of the time this one punk in his festiva wanted to race me lol... some people just think Fbodys are normal 15 seconds cars or something, but they're really just stupid. Looks like you're gonna *** rape this fool!.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
The funniest part about it is every1 esle in the office is on his side. Maybe I can get them in on the betting.
Yeah, do that. Make a side bet with everyone stupid enough to do it. I can't beieve evryone in the office feels that way. What company do you work for, Kikkoman ?
Old 08-27-2004, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Maybe he works at a Honda dealership... Tell them here are my keys lets go outside and PUT Up Or SHUT Up, Trash talken is for Wussies. Here is a pick of a Ricer agianst me, and its even a slow run... He so far behind its blocking the view of my YBody.

Old 08-27-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This kind of stuff pisses me off.

Don't just bet the guy driving. Bet every single person in your office that says he will win. I mean it.

You should have to run the mile twice before he does it once. That would be more fair.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I kinda don't want to do it now for any money, because we are decent friends and work together all the time, I just want to do it to prove a point. Esp. to the people with him. Here is the conversation.

Me: So when are you going to the the nitrous on your car so we can race?

Him: It may be a while, I gotta have the money first.

Other guy: you think your car is invincible or something, you can add nitrous to almost any car and it would make it faster than yours. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Me: No, not really!!!

Later with just me and him (honda guy)

Me: Hey, I don't want to take your money, you really have no chance in hell!!!

Him: Why is that?

Me: Trust me, you don't. But I do want to race soon so you have an idea of what a LS1 can really do.

Him: OK, maybe.

No between yall and me, I will never race him, he will prob never get n2o. But I do want to find another simular race and get them there to watch. If there is anyone reading this who lives near LA (Lower Alabama-Dothan, Enterprise, Fort Rucker, Eufala) please let me know so we can have an exhibition!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Show him my pisture two post's up. My Y-body only has a air filter upgrade. and I think that may have been a WRX next to me.

You have a good idea there. Take him to the track with you and he can see what "Most" of the rice really does in real life. Only bad thing is that there may be one ricer that can run mid 12's and he will say that he would run that with juice.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Race him anyway for fun, just to give him some insight on an LS1.

Last edited by MJSLude99; 08-27-2004 at 04:20 PM. Reason: big mistake
Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
Well, I kinda don't want to do it now for any money, because we are decent friends and work together all the time, I just want to do it to prove a point. Esp. to the people with him. Here is the conversation.

Me: So when are you going to the the nitrous on your car so we can race?

Him: It may be a while, I gotta have the money first.

Other guy: you think your car is invincible or something, you can add nitrous to almost any car and it would make it faster than yours. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Me: No, not really!!!

Later with just me and him (honda guy)

Me: Hey, I don't want to take your money, you really have no chance in hell!!!

Him: Why is that?

Me: Trust me, you don't. But I do want to race soon so you have an idea of what a LS1 can really do.

Him: OK, maybe.

No between yall and me, I will never race him, he will prob never get n2o. But I do want to find another simular race and get them there to watch. If there is anyone reading this who lives near LA (Lower Alabama-Dothan, Enterprise, Fort Rucker, Eufala) please let me know so we can have an exhibition!!!
This "other guy" needs to get the **** kicked out of him. That's one of the most asinine comments ever.

Here's the plan:

Front $500 for your buddy's nitrous kit. Bet the "other guy" $500 on the race. You win, the "other guy" pays for your buddy's nitrous kit.

Your friend learns a lesson, you prove your point, and the assclown pays up for being a moron.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

This is gay.

You own a Firehawk and are wondering about a stock accord with n2o.

Stock accord = slow
Stock accord with lots of n2o = blown motor
stock accord with a little bit of n2o and a good driver = slow
Old 08-27-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Velocity
Here's the plan:

Front $500 for your buddy's nitrous kit. Bet the "other guy" $500 on the race. You win, the "other guy" pays for your buddy's nitrous kit.

Your friend learns a lesson, you prove your point, and the assclown pays up for being a moron.
^^^^^ Take my advice