Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

runnin lean...help please!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default runnin lean...help please!!!!!!!!

How critical is my situation???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i put my tr224 in about 2 months ago....and a month ago i sent my pcm to texas speed for tuning. when i got the pcm back, i noticed all kinds of power loss, sputtering, backfiring.....etc. so i drove it like a month like this to see if it was still learning itself out. anyway, i finally got on a dyno yesterday, and i was running lean as hell!! something was wrong with their printer, so i couldnt get a printout, but i believe it was in the 14s...maybe even hit 15. i think i may have killed a plug or two from runnin this lean...and maybe thats why my hp/torque lines look like heart monitor lines...instead of nice smooth lines. so im going to get it tuned locally as soon as possible. my question is, could i have already done damage to my engine by running it this lean for a month now?? what damage can be done by running the car this lean and would i notice if there was any internal damage?? also, is it safe to drive the car right now....if i dont drive it hard??
Old 08-26-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mail order tunes suck ***!!! I had my 408 tuned the same way you did and it ran like crap . I went and had it tuned for real and picked up 30 rwhp and it smoothed the car out alot. I would suggest getting a real tune.