Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cats Clogged

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cats Clogged

i have a stock 2000 TA WS6 A4 with the exception of a K&N filter i recently took it to the track and ran a 14.0 but since ive had it which is a month or so the CATS have been clogged does anyone have an idea of how much hp im losing and what kind of time i should be running in the quarter
Old 08-27-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Depending on how good a track, weather, etc. is you should be in the low 13's. Clogged cats could be costing you major hp. Anywhere from 20 to maybe even over 50 horses.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

How did yo come to the conclusion that the cats are clogged?
Old 08-27-2004, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stangkillerWs6
i have a stock 2000 TA WS6 A4 with the exception of a K&N filter i recently took it to the track and ran a 14.0 but since ive had it which is a month or so the CATS have been clogged does anyone have an idea of how much hp im losing and what kind of time i should be running in the quarter
I feel your pain, I took my car (2000 SS A4)to the track just after i got it and ran a 14.001 @ 99.52 the car was bone stock at the time. about a week later i found out that my cats were clogged. I had the warranty replace the bad oneon bank 2.(they wouldnt touch the other one because "its still good, & untill it malfunctions we cant do anything") the car ran alittle better, and was much more responsive after the cat was replaced. well its been only 700miles and the code for the cat on bank 1 came up. warranty replaced it as well. I just picked up the car this afternoon from the chevy house and it runs stronger than it ever has. I would estimate i have picked up 3-4ths since i first ran the car. as there is a huge differance in how hard it pulls.

Its funny cus monday im having the cats replaced with duals. I guess i just wanted the second one replaced do to the fact that they(the dealership) sat there and told me it was in perfect shape.