User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't Find LS1Tech.com anymore

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Find LS1Tech.com anymore

Help! When I try to go to www.ls1tech.com from my home machine it searches for awhile and then says it can't find the page. The weird thing is that when I VPN into work, the same browser on the same machine will connect. Do I have something messed up on my personal machine or my home firewall that would cause the browser to think the web page isn't there?

I have looked at the software logs for EZArmor Firewall and nothing shows up about the site. I can ping it successfully, I just can't browse to it unless I VPN in. I don't have any proxies set. I think all the permissions are set to default.

Any ideas????

Chuck
Old 08-27-2004, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DropTop98SS
Help! When I try to go to www.ls1tech.com from my home machine it searches for awhile and then says it can't find the page. The weird thing is that when I VPN into work, the same browser on the same machine will connect. Do I have something messed up on my personal machine or my home firewall that would cause the browser to think the web page isn't there?

I have looked at the software logs for EZArmor Firewall and nothing shows up about the site. I can ping it successfully, I just can't browse to it unless I VPN in. I don't have any proxies set. I think all the permissions are set to default.

Any ideas????

Chuck
yes somebody plaese help i have the same problem.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

PM brains and see what he says.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

You guys ever figure this one out? DropTop, if you're still having troubles I might be able to stop by your place some night after work and check it out at the source..
Old 09-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

I still haven't been able to correct the problem. Symptoms persist: browser resolves the server name but can't connect to the site/page unless I VPN to work. Then it works fine.

If you have some time this week and want to stop over that would be GREAT! I can make sure you are feed and beer'ed

Chuck
Old 09-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Restricted User

Did they block your IP? Try re-setting your firewall, look specifically into the instructions on your software/hardware firewall...if you have one. Try deleting the software firewall and re-install...it may have created some entries. Can you go to any other site? Start with the basics first (which I'm sure you've done), I will try to help. Need more info. !
Old 09-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Did they block your IP? Try re-setting your firewall, look specifically into the instructions on your software/hardware firewall...if you have one. Try deleting the software firewall and re-install...it may have created some entries. Can you go to any other site? Start with the basics first (which I'm sure you've done), I will try to help. Need more info. !
Not that I am aware of but maybe my changing my subnet from 192.168.1.XXX to 192.168.100.XXX had something to do with it? I shutdown the software firewall and it didn't help. Plus, I can ping and tracert to the server. Brian set up a proxy for me on one of his other servers and I could connect through it.

Chuck
Old 09-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Restricted User

Are you using DHCP by default or do you have multiple PC's set up on Static IP addresses? So, now you're only working via the proxy that Brian set up for you? To my knowledge, depending on if you're using a switch or a router and the brand, the IP should be 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x, nothing else. You manually changed the IP to 192.168.100.x?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

I am using DHCP. The box is a DLink Cable/DSL router/print server. The original subnet was 192.168.1.X but I had to change that manually to 192.168.100.X due to a conflict with the DLink box we use at work.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

What part of town are you on? PM me your address, and a phone number and we can set up a night that works out for both of us.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Just for the hell of it did you try a different browser? Also check the DNS resolution name of the VPN ip vs the reg IP. Maybe DNS is off somehow. Also are you actually able to successfully ping www.ls1tech.com? If so double check browser/firewall/DNS. If not try running a traceroute to see where it stops.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I have the same problem sometimes with my work computer i think its the firewall settings we have here at work.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First thing to try is to reset all your browser settings. Delete all cookies, temporary internet files, set your browser to always search for newer versions of the page, set the security/privacy settings back to default, and make sure there are no proxies/auto-configuration scripts enabled. Even make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is not enabled.

If it's still no good, try to ping the URL www.ls1tech.com from a command prompt and see if it resolves the name to its IP address (66.98.224.37). If not, you definitely have a DNS problem.

If it is successfully resolved from a command prompt, but the browser still will not go, then it's most likely a problem with the browser, or it's possible there is a virus on your system. Be sure to get all the latest virus definitions and thoroughly scan your entire system.

If you are using WinXP and are using DHCP, run the following commands from a command prompt, and reboot when done. If you have Win2k, don't worry about the last command. If you are statically assigning your network settings, be sure to write them down before doing it:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh interface ip rest log.txt

After doing this and rebooting, you should have automatically obtained your network settings if using DHCP.....if you had a static IP, go back and reconfigure the network settings and try it again.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

i had the same problem...what mine ended up being was i had spyware trying to redirect my browser..but i guess the link to the spyware ad was broken so it would just show up as website unavailable.

Quick Reply: Can't Find LS1Tech.com anymore