PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

showing more timing than I should???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default showing more timing than I should???

I have a value of 25-degrees in a particular cell (g/cyl=.68 VS. 3600rpm) from my High-Octane spark advance table. When I am scanning I get KR for that particular cell and it is showing 27-degrees in the log with a KR value of 2...

IAT: 93
ECT: 194

Does some other field or table add timing??? I know the ECT or IAT can remove timing but how am I getting more???

Old 08-27-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder what would cause the KR. I run 28 degree's of timing with no KR.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

best mean timing table maybe? "maximum timing table in edit" or are the values in the your high and low tables correct? the tables are used together at all times, the high should always be higher than the same cell in the low table, the computer adjust the timing in between those two numbers, but if you have a bigger numberr in the low octain table it doesnt know what to do so i think it just uses the maximum timing table to override the setting. that is where you would be getting that number from..
Old 08-27-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me
best mean timing table maybe? "maximum timing table in edit" or are the values in the your high and low tables correct? the tables are used together at all times, the high should always be higher than the same cell in the low table, the computer adjust the timing in between those two numbers, but if you have a bigger numberr in the low octain table it doesnt know what to do so i think it just uses the maximum timing table to override the setting. that is where you would be getting that number from..
Yes, my Low-Octane table is lower than the High-Octane...by a good bit...
Old 08-27-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard of people's tunes not saving to the pcm the first time. You might want to try reading the tune of the pcm to make sure it's the same one you think you have.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by P Mack
I have heard of people's tunes not saving to the pcm the first time. You might want to try reading the tune of the pcm to make sure it's the same one you think you have.

hmmm.... godd thinking I will try that!!!