Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

EVO, STI against SS or WS6!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EVO, STI against SS or WS6!!

I live on the North side of Chicago and I have handed a Lanzer Evolution his ***. I know what they are capable of stock and with mods. I have come across regular WRX but never an STI.
UP here in Chicago and on almost every thread all I hear is that STI's and Evolutions can whoop the living daylight out of any F- Body according to all import owners as well as STI and EVO owners. They also state that they look better, handle better and are better made.
It annoints me since they have been tested to have slower quarte miles than a 01 or 02 SS or WS6. I also know that after a 100 miles an hour they are deard ducks. I have actually witness as SS kill an STI. I know the potential that F-Body's pack are alot greater than that of an STI or EVO. What is all this big hype than???
I myself have killed an Evolution by a bus on the highway and have beat one on a straight away race.
What do you guys feel about all these tall tales and myths??

Thanks
Old 08-27-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there awd slows them down, by alot at speed. off the line they will get a jump unless your not scared of breaking the 10 bolt with some sticky rubber. after 60-70 you'll be ahead all the way home, no chance from a roll.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
I live on the North side of Chicago and I have handed a Lanzer Evolution his ***. I know what they are capable of stock and with mods. I have come across regular WRX but never an STI.
UP here in Chicago and on almost every thread all I hear is that STI's and Evolutions can whoop the living daylight out of any F- Body according to all import owners as well as STI and EVO owners. They also state that they look better, handle better and are better made.
It annoints me since they have been tested to have slower quarte miles than a 01 or 02 SS or WS6. I also know that after a 100 miles an hour they are deard ducks. I have actually witness as SS kill an STI. I know the potential that F-Body's pack are alot greater than that of an STI or EVO. What is all this big hype than???
I myself have killed an Evolution by a bus on the highway and have beat one on a straight away race.
What do you guys feel about all these tall tales and myths??

Thanks
You obviously have proven the myth false
Old 08-27-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I too, have proven the myth false. I destroyed an STi by four car lengths from 75-110.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Launching!

i killed a modded STi with exhaust, intake, BOV, front mount intercooler conversion, bigger turbo, waste gate, and a in dash comuter from a roll, the look on his face when my hazards were on was priceless, he was so pissed off
Old 08-27-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive beaten a sti in the ss by a few cars so they are no prob
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

I beat an STi with only exhaust and MBC. I handed an STi's *** with my current setup.

He was slightly modded with exhaust, intake and little **** like that.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

My friends whose evo was dynoed at 355 AWHP barely pulls away from my car from a roll. The top end is terrible (he even got new cams ).

Stock to stock LS1 > 30,000 dollar 4-bangers from a roll.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Teching In

I had the liberty of racing an Evo last night on 290 from about austin to harlem, less than 2 miles. Started at a 70 roll and when I looked over at him to see if it was on he just floored it. So I started from behind but of course once I gave it gas I just flew past him. Then I slowed down and he didn't go again. I imagine he felt salty.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

any STi owner should know better than to run and f-body....or just about any car for that matter from a 70 roll........the car has nothing up top..... but the first 90 degree corner you take at 70+ will make you respect the overall performance of the car. (not to mention it's the rally/auto-x car from HELL )

They are a HOOT to drive........and I have to say ....coming from a 9second f-body and a vette....this is the most fun I've had in a car in a long time
Old 09-01-2004, 01:58 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MetallicBlue,
Why are you so concerned about what people think about F-bods?
Just keep putting them away and have fun in the process.
Educate them.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Last night on Fullerton Ave in Chicago. I was drving home at around 12:00 when the race I have anticipated as of yet appears. Out of no where I see a sonic blue car rev his engine at me. I look over I see gold rims, Big hood scoop, huge wing and STI badge. My heart began to race at an accelerated rate. The STI revs his engine and all hear is his BOV and continues to try to intimidate me. NOPE not gonna let that happen!!
My brother asked if the driver if that was a 2k4 STI?? he replies, YUP!! So we line up with absolutely no traffic and a longer than quarter mile straight away.
This is it ladies and gents. My car takes off like a bat out of hell and so does his We go at it toe to toe for a couple of seconds until I began to walk all over him. I put atleast 4 car lengths on him. I was so SHOCKED at the outcome. We did it three more time and the last time I easily put about 7 car lenghts made him want to take his car back to the dealership he got it from.
In the end he gave me mad props for my car. I left that race with a high adrenaline rush. I was so damn nervouse and happy to have killed an STI, yup an 2k4 STI!! To top it off I had my brother with me and the STI driver was alone. Woohooo.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Teching In

That sounds like a car that parks in one of the lots at my school, UIC. Him and a silver RSX think they are hot ****.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Along the same lines, there is a Blue WRX that runs around here with a huge, retarded looking carbon fiber wing on the back, and an even more retarded looking carbon fiber hood. He has a big BOV, and just about the nastiest exhaust you could ever imagine. And since you can hear his turbo pretty well, I'm assuming he had his boost turned up as well.

So there we were...he was behind me, riding my ***, and I keep hearing his BOV (yet I don't really see him moving much...big surprise). So there I go, putting along on the now pretty congested streets, just doing the speed limit. With my Kooks headers, catted-y, and Hooker cat-back, my car sounds pretty tame just cruising around town. I see a nice WS6 off to my right, and gave him a huge rev and a big wave out the winder, and lo and behold, he backs off a little bit.

So he keeps following me, and we both turn right, him right behind me, and I leave it in first. I let him get up on me, and I floor it, short shifting into second around 5k RPMs...I kid you not, it takes him 5 seconds to get up enough steam to get around me (I let off after shifting into second), and he does the ghey ricer fly-by, BOV valve going and all.

I should have shut his fly-by down, but I just let him go. Regardless, I was NOT impressed with his AWD, turboed, shitty sounding car. I would not want to launch against it on street radials, but the drag radials are coming with my new 12-bolt.

Sorry, just had to vent that...
Old 09-02-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let them think f-bods are slow. My wallet likes it when they think that. Mine is slow I promise.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by czyker13
That sounds like a car that parks in one of the lots at my school, UIC. Him and a silver RSX think they are hot ****.
Hey!! I just graduated from UIC May of 2004. Damn I miss it already. I was always kicking it at the weight room my free time.
Good luck with that dude and school. STI's aint no joke. You should be fine. Show that guy a lesson. Keep F bodys going!!

Later