Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Light 500 Miles After Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Light 500 Miles After Intake

Subject says it all. I installed the intake about a month and a half ago and have had no problems. Today I accelerated from 65-90 on an open stretch of highway, came back down, and about a minute later, the light pops on. The ASR also wouldn't turn back on. I went home, shut the car off, turned it back on after a few seconds, and the ASR worked right then, but still got SES. I have the negative battery terminal off right now. It is a LS6 w/ what looks to be a LPE Adaptor, or something similiar to it. Any ideas? By the way, I don't have edit/tuner, but the car was tuned w/ it in the past.

Last edited by BoneSS; 08-27-2004 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

It might be your map sensor on the back of the intake, check to see if it came unplugged. If that in't it have someone scan for the code and see what comes up.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, it came on again. I was crusing at 65 on the highway, and found about 2 miles of open space in between 2 rock walls where everyone runs there cars--so I opened it up. I floored it, the rpms shoot up a little initially, for like a second, and then fall to 4300 and climb from there. I shut her down at around 140 and I was only at about 5300-5500 rpms. It didn't even feel like it shifted. As soon as I went wot, there was like a noise of the engine wanted to raise rpms, then the light came on. Same thing as last time, no ASR or anything. Do you all think it is the vacuum code then?
Old 09-10-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

I am going to go out on a limb and say that maybe you exceeded the fuel trim limit? Won't that set a code? You really need to find out what the code is.