Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuff is on the way :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stuff is on the way :)

Just ordered my new JWIS timing chain along with some ARP Pro Series Rod Bolts and lube. I got my new Walbro 255lph fuel pump sitting here along with my ported LS6 oil pump.

Just need to install all those things and then I will be set, 7200 RPM here I come
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why buy just the pump? The new PnP Racetronix kit is available now for 99+ plastic tank cars.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyG
Why buy just the pump? The new PnP Racetronix kit is available now for 99+ plastic tank cars.
Yeah! What he said!!!

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-27-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Scott ur crazy! why the hell do u wanna spin ur stock bottom end to 7200 r's ? I know you wanna get more outta ur x3 but damn son.... thats a lot!
Old 08-28-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reason for the pump is that the walbro is $100 and the Racetronix is $300 Same thing, I don't need that plug and play stuff, people are using the Walbro's just fine.

I need to get every inch of room to get all I can out of the X3, and yes I am crazy!!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
The reason for the pump is that the walbro is $100 and the Racetronix is $300 Same thing, I don't need that plug and play stuff, people are using the Walbro's just fine.

I need to get every inch of room to get all I can out of the X3, and yes I am crazy!!
It's not the same thing. If you punch a hole in the bucket it will not work. The purpose of the bucket has been covered many times before including our ad. Dealers who do not carry the Racetronix setup will tell you all sorts of stories. Many do not have a clue what the bucket even does or how the regulator system works. Our system will outperform any non-compatible in-tank Walbro system hands down! If you are pushing your motor to the edge you should consider a Racetronix system.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-28-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have read that entire thread you guys posted, no doubt you have a great product, but what about the hundreds of people that have been using the walbro pump for years before your pump came out and no problems. I have tons of friends that have the walbro pump in their car with the hole in the bottom of the bucket and it works fine. The bucket funciton will not work the same, but the pump will still work the same. I'm no where near the limits of the fuel system so no worries for me
Old 08-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Definitely gutsy spinning the stock bottom end that high. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got me the rod bolts, everything else should hold up just fine, the limiter will be set to 7200, doubt I will hit it ever. Right now it's at 7000rpm, I just want to shift at 7000 and not worry about hitting it, the power is still going to 7k.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have read that entire thread you guys posted, no doubt you have a great product, but what about the hundreds of people that have been using the walbro pump for years before your pump came out and no problems. I have tons of friends that have the walbro pump in their car with the hole in the bottom of the bucket and it works fine. The bucket funciton will not work the same, but the pump will still work the same. I'm no where near the limits of the fuel system so no worries for me
Yeah what he said....

I know you have a great product to sell, but if so many people are "doing it wrong", than why don't you have all the horror storys on line????

I'm still undecided if I want to buy your product because if my near future plans for my car happen, your fuel pump might not be able to supply enough fuel. I only want to drop the tank once and not waste any money...

408 Stroker + 150 Wet shot of N20 = 650+ RWHP....

Bill
Old 08-29-2004, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Do those poeple also tell you that they have to keep at least a quarter gas tank full, and that if they ever take a high G corner they will starve the motor?
We all used what we could (me included) when nothing else was available, yet we needed the fuel. Racetronix PnP system is "the" system we've all been waiting for.
And if 600rwhp isn't enough, then they have the dual pump setup.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Do those poeple also tell you that they have to keep at least a quarter gas tank full, and that if they ever take a high G corner they will starve the motor?
We all used what we could (me included) when nothing else was available, yet we needed the fuel. Racetronix PnP system is "the" system we've all been waiting for.
And if 600rwhp isn't enough, then they have the dual pump setup.
One could require in excess of 1/2 a tank of fuel depending on the g-forces that car is able to produce in order to prevent aerating the fuel. There is NO baffling in the plastic tanks whatsoever.

The single pump system will be able to support upwards of 700RWHP with a PnP booster. The only thing holding it back is the factory regulator system.

The PnP harness alone will cause a 4-6PSI pressure rise due to the increased pump voltage = volume. This is with the factory in-tank regulator system.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-29-2004, 12:11 PM
King of Pigskin Knowledge

7200 rpm is fun. I don't expect the motor to live forever, but it is alot of fun having a motor that pulls like that.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC
7200 rpm is fun. I don't expect the motor to live forever, but it is alot of fun having a motor that pulls like that.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-29-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC
Forever? Hahahaha!! Orange Peel is gonna be in the internals section researching bottom end components in a few months!!! If he isn't already

Even tho I'm givin you a rough time, good luck with it. I still think you're crazy.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Would a lower end girdle help the motor out with those 7k + rpm?
Old 08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not like I am turning 7k+ rpm all day, ****, I can't remember when I took it to 6500rpm lately, so damn hot it's not worth it. I just want some extra beef in the weak spots to help "prolong" the inevitable I have plans to do a 408ci motor anyways, so it's not like a new motor isn't in my mind already, if this one lets go, which I doubt it will, I will build it stronger, faster and better Hell, people use the stock bottom end parts in stroker/all bore applications now anyways, stock crank is fine, rods are ok, just getting the new bolts will help things out.

And what it all boils down to is yeah, I'm crazy, but we all are to do what we do to our cars!

Oh and I don't think my car has enough g-forces to cut out of fuel at 1/2 tank, haha. The pump only route is just fine, been done a million times and works, and it's a 1/3 of the cost!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's not like I am turning 7k+ rpm all day, ****, I can't remember when I took it to 6500rpm lately, so damn hot it's not worth it. I just want some extra beef in the weak spots to help "prolong" the inevitable I have plans to do a 408ci motor anyways, so it's not like a new motor isn't in my mind already, if this one lets go, which I doubt it will, I will build it stronger, faster and better Hell, people use the stock bottom end parts in stroker/all bore applications now anyways, stock crank is fine, rods are ok, just getting the new bolts will help things out.

And what it all boils down to is yeah, I'm crazy, but we all are to do what we do to our cars!

Oh and I don't think my car has enough g-forces to cut out of fuel at 1/2 tank, haha. The pump only route is just fine, been done a million times and works, and it's a 1/3 of the cost!
Risk damaging a good motor which presently has some resale value for the sake of a few extra HP. Torque.... ahh who needs that

Ignorance is bliss and what you can't see may hurt you! Leave the fuel pump advise for the people who have done some SERIOUS homework.

Crazy...? Is there a shrink in the house?

At best this thread is worth a few laughs to people who know better.

You have the attention you wanted by creating this thread so enjoy it while it lasts.

Peace!

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-30-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

****, give me a flipping break dude. You guys JUST came out with a damn pump setup for the '99 cars, and it's been 5 YEARS since they have been out, and people have run MUCH MUCH bigger motors and MUCH MUCH more HP than I can ever afford, and they don't own your pump and they are fine. Don't try to sell me something that I know isn't totally neccessary for my car to run, I can see if everyone's car that bought a Walbro intank pump didn't work, then yeah, maybe your system would be ideal, but for another $200 bones, no thanks.

Again, it's not like I am road racing the car at 7krpm all day, tons of people rev their car that high and more, some don't last, others do, you gotta do what you gotta do to be quicker than that other car. I would NEVER sell my engine, dead or alive, it's a matching numbers car and the motor and trans stay with the car regardless, so that doesn't matter to me if the motor dies, I can rebuild it to stock again.

I don't see anyone laughing but you, and I personally don't care what you think, I would have asked for your opinion if I wanted it. And with regards to who gives a ****, apparently you do since you choose to reply to my thread, and I didn't even ask for your opinion or mention I was buying your pump.

I posted this thread to let the people know what I am doing since I receive PM's about my setup and car, and I have talked to others in here about it. Thanks for your "expert" advice.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought there is no vin stamped on the block. In that reguard, you could put any ls1 engine in the car and no one would know any different would they?