another mundane race: murder of WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another mundane race: murder of WS6

After almost two years of driving this car, I:
A. still have not gotten a vette to run em'
B: haven't gotten to race any ls1 that wasn't stock(besides exhaust)

New WS6 trans am ram-air in town, so I pulled him over and asked if he wanted to run em down a country road. Went from 30mph... complete and utter slaughter, went from stop...murder!?!
Dammit, this is about my 20th ls1/cobra kill and I'm starting to get tired of running these slow bastards. Wish me luck on future findings, maybe I'll come across a supercharged vette or something before I lose interest in racing. Something at least fast enough to make me decide to get some nitto's. Maybe if I go ahead and get some DR's they will come flocking to me....
Kyle
Old 08-30-2004, 06:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skippytheloon
Dammit, this is about my 20th ls1/cobra kill and I'm starting to get tired of running these slow bastards. Wish me luck on future findings, before I lose interest in racing. Something at least fast enough to make me decide to get some nitto's. Maybe if I go ahead and get some DR's they will come flocking to me....
Kyle
Go to the track. You'll soon find out that nittos are only the beginning of what you need to compete, especially in Texas. I didn't know there were 20 unmodded LS1/Cobras in all of Texas.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:16 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After almost two years of driving this car, I:
A. still have not gotten a vette to run em'
B: haven't gotten to race any ls1 that wasn't stock(besides exhaust)

New WS6 trans am ram-air in town, so I pulled him over and asked if he wanted to run em down a country road. Went from 30mph... complete and utter slaughter, went from stop...murder!?!
Dammit, this is about my 20th ls1/cobra kill and I'm starting to get tired of running these slow bastards. Wish me luck on future findings, maybe I'll come across a supercharged vette or something before I lose interest in racing. Something at least fast enough to make me decide to get some nitto's. Maybe if I go ahead and get some DR's they will come flocking to me....
Kyle
You must be an awesome driver, 'cuase you mod list wouldn't spell out utter destruction of near-stock LS1's.
Also, what makes you think that the inscription of "Drag Radial" on your sidewalls is gonna make people flock to ya?
Either way, I hope you find your match soon enough to keep you entertained.
Good luck.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Like said before you must be one hell of a driver or your luck is bad because you have been running into people who can't drive for ****. With those mods, if you come across the right person(and believe me they are out there) you will need to go inside the motor along with getting some nitto's.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Come on down to Ft Worth, will show U a Good time
Old 08-30-2004, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i'm almost stock.. come to ft worth n' meet up w/ the burelson/cleaburne guys sometime.. i'll run ya fo fun
Old 08-30-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Where are you located? I will give you a run. I need the practice. I can't get many runs here either. I think i can give you a run for your money though
Old 08-30-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

wait that suspension packagetha tyou got listed in you sig what is that?? what do you have as far as suspension (detailes).
Old 08-30-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

depending on what he got in the suspension he might not be totally lying.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

G2 is a suspension package you can buy at LG!

Other than that... if you want your *** drug by some competition, come to houston... we can blow that bolt on car away
Old 08-30-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigBronco
G2 is a suspension package you can buy at LG!

Other than that... if you want your *** drug by some competition, come to houston... we can blow that bolt on car away
ok but what does it consist of, because there is this place in south fl called red line they got an f-bod into the 10's with 350 rwhp and some bad *** suspension set up, along with a few other minor tweaks here and there. now i don't think that guy has such a good set up but who knows maibe his supension is helping him out a little thats why iam asking what the package consist off.

Last edited by zamboxl; 08-30-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

fbody in the 10's w/ 350rwhp??? was this that same car i read about on fishstories.com
Old 08-30-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've driven all the way to the track 3 times and it wasn't all that great. All camaros and Cobras I saw ran very inconsistant low to mid 14's w/maybe a second gear scratch. Except one supercharged c5 running high twelves/low 13's on DR's . I get much better traction on the street and therefore don't plan on going back to that track ever. I'll eventually drive to a decent drag, but waiting till I get stickies to make it worth the long trip. I know there are tons of fast cars out here, I'm just saying it would be nice for me to get a surprise on the street sometimes.
I wanna say, "well yesterday I was driving along and an awesome____pulled up and revved. We ran em and I went home happy"
BTW: I replaced everything but the springs/k-members, so I say G2 suspension for simplicity. And a slaughter/murder is 3+ cars in my book, especially when you give them the jump.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok now before the flaming and name calling begins, and iam not saying anyone is flaming so far, this is just to prevent future flaming, here is the name of the shop, and their phone # in case anyone wants to make sure for them self that this is their actual claim, and iam not just talking out of my rear end.
they are not sponsors so i do hope the mods don't bleep this
the name is Redline automotive #:954-792-7553
Old 08-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Launching!

You're hoping to race a supercharged vette with a bolt on car???
Old 08-30-2004, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Except one supercharged c5 running high twelves/low 13's on DR's
Correct me if I'm wrong— shouldn't an S/C C5 do better than that, assuming a competent driver?
Old 08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've been to the track 3 times and the f-bodies and cobras were running 14's Is the track located on an 8000ft mountain-top I'm unaware of. I'm one of the slowest f-bodies at the track (NJ and NY). A supercharged vet here runs 10's all day long.

You are beginning to sound like a troll.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Not backing him up any..but Ive witnessed a S/C C5 run a 13.3 more than one pass... also several LS1 cars here struggle to see 13s. Why? DRIVER. Period. If the driver sucks..the car will suffer. I usually take in account trap speeds, and how stupid the driver looks/acts.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zamboxl
ok but what does it consist of, because there is this place in south fl called red line they got an f-bod into the 10's with 350 rwhp and some bad *** suspension set up, along with a few other minor tweaks here and there. now i don't think that guy has such a good set up but who knows maibe his supension is helping him out a little thats why iam asking what the package consist off.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Old 08-30-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Skippy, good kill. And Lubbock is at about 3000 feet....add some high air temp to that and Density altitude can get on up there. Anyway Skippy, I hope you get your wish soon.....some guy draggin' your *** sending you home with your wish granted. Then you are forced to go to the next level.