Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat By-pass Pipes/O2 simms not the answer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Cat By-pass Pipes/O2 simms not the answer?

Ok I was doing a little searching and ran across something that I wasn't sure of. I have stock manifolds w/cat by-pass pipes. I was under the impression that o2 simms is all you need (which I have) and that was the cure for the SES light, and nothing more to it. Then I start reading other old posts for the hell of it and people are like I don't see why people by the o2 simms when you really need a tune to lean the car out and at the same time you can get the rear o2's deleted from your PCM. Is getting a tune, for people that are installing long tubes, or do you also need to tune with stock manifolds and no cats. I always thought you were getting the tune because of the long tubes and not for removing the cats. Am I ok like I am?
Old 08-29-2004, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
Is getting a tune, for people that are installing long tubes, or do you also need to tune with stock manifolds and no cats. I always thought you were getting the tune because of the long tubes and not for removing the cats.
It's for both really...you can probably get away with it as you are now (the sims should turn off the light) but in an 'ideal world' you want it to be tuned.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Ok so if i need to get it tuned then I need to get the superchips program out then get it tuned to match not having cats, then could I put my superchips tune back in.