Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

american rice

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american rice

whats up people, new member, been reading posts for a while tho... great for slow days at work!

I dont get to race much, since my wife would kill me, but had a lil run in with some "american rice" after the movies on friday night. my little bro and i were just cruisen back from the movies when this old ford probe with 4 diff colored fenders and a fart can kept passing us and slowing down, weaving in and out. was actually pretty funny.
a few lights down, we end up next to the prob and some other little pos domestic ricer. they start reving, me and my bro look at eachother and start laughing. next thing we know the light turns green and they screach the pizza cutters, i roll out behind them (bumpy intersection) i punch it, right about when we are passing them, me and my bro look over and grin, wheels squeel when i hit 2nd, at the top of 2nd i just dropped it in to 4th since we were a good 6 or 7 cars up. Ok, so not much of a race, but was fun anyway.
bout a minute later after coasting back down to the speed limit, here comes the probe, wizzing by, fly by number 1, 2 seconds later, here comes the other one around the other side. then from out of no where this 4 door little chevy something or other flys by us, we look at each other and bust out laughing.
still laugh wondering what those guys are thinking.

sorry for the long post
Old 08-30-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

those are sometimes funny, but when they start f#@&in with me, it just pisses me off. Way to show them your ***!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Damn, that's not even a race. I raced a riced out probe from a dig in my old 170hp 1989 RS L03 and had a good 4 cars on him to 40, when I pulled my foot off the gas and let him catch up, then smacked it down again and walked him once more. I could only imagine how much of a raping a SS would do to a freaken probe. Gotta love those F&F guys that thing anything with 4 cylinders is fast as hell..
Old 08-30-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Probe's are a joke. My buddies each have one: a '93 GT A4, and a '93 GT M5. Both have intake, exhaust, etc etc. The M5 ran a few high 15 second passes, but the A4 is slow as *****. He's never taken it to the track, but he was never any faster than my '92 Celica GT M5 when I had it, which = mid-upper 16's. And he acts like it's hot ****. Not only are they slow, but their motors are about as unreliable as DSM motors, and they have THE worst name ever given to a vehicle. "Probe" ?
Old 08-30-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn ford probes... some of those cars just need to be clipped and spun into a ditch or a gaurdrail!

By the way welcome to the board man... glad we can make your day pass just a little bit faster!

Gray
Old 08-30-2004, 01:16 PM
STF Veteran

**** probes.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBronco
damn ford probes... some of those cars just need to be clipped and spun into a ditch or a gaurdrail!

By the way welcome to the board man... glad we can make your day pass just a little bit faster!

Gray

thanks for the welcome!

yeah, when it gets slow, i find myself checking the boards every 5 min or so... then i start daydreaming about what i want to mod next on my car, then i wake up and realize i dont have any cash
Old 08-31-2004, 04:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001whiteSS
....then i wake up and realize i dont have any cash

yeah, that reality does kinda feel like banging your head on a brick wall, huh? i feel your pain, brotha!