PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Question. ( yes another one )

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hypertech Question. ( yes another one )

Hi Guys & Gals,
Well, against my better judgement I tried to use my new ( used ) HPP3. I just wanted to adjust my shift points and increase my line pressure. I plugged it in and it said VIN number doesn't match,return car to stock before proceeding. So my question to you folks is do you think the previous owner of the car ( yes I just got it 4 weeks ago ) has already installed some kind of tuning, or the previous owner of the HPP3 never returned his vehicle to the stock program. I can't get a hold of the previous owner of the car. And I just emailed the former owner of the HPP3. Hmmm, could this be the reason the car only ran a 13.99 @101.???? I've read on this board that you can actually lose power from the HPP3. Very interesting ?????? I got home from work too late to call Hypertech, so I just thought I'd throw this question out there to you all. Thanks, Don

Just to follow up, It seems the jackass I bought the Hpp3 never put his car back to stock. Suck's to be him when it goes in for service. Well thanks guys. See ya !!! Don

Last edited by cbrracer; 09-01-2004 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like the person who sold you the Hypertech didn't return his car back to stock.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you need to contact the guy that sold it to you, and tell him to "program your credit card back to stock". His car is still tuned. I don't know why people do that. I sure as heck wouldn't want that tuning in there without the capability of removing it.