Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a fast 5.0 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed a fast 5.0 mustang

This past Sunday i headed out to the races with some F-body's. we meet up with another muscle car club and there was talk that one of there 5.0s can take out LS1s easily . i talked to the head of the other car club and he was bragging that it kicks LS1's asses all day . i agreed to the race. we went out to the local track and warmed up the tires a bit. we get flagged and we r off. surpisingly first and part of second gear he was right besides me. once i hit third i pulled pretty hard and fourth even harder. at the end i had about 2 1/2 to 3 cars ahead of him . we went back to meet up with the other car club to talk. I asked what that stang had because it was pretty fast. It was a early 90's 5.0 with gears,DR, headers, no cats, intake, throttle body and intake manifold. it was full bolt on with gears and DR. that stang was faster then most 01-97 cobras that i raced and definently faster then GTs that i raced. i gave him props on his car and he did the same .
Old 08-31-2004, 01:28 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got smoked by an old fox body 5.0ish mustang. of course it had a full cage, slicks, battery shut-off, and god knows what else. it smelled like a world of outlaws event next to me at the light so he was definatly running some kind of race gas. it had a monster cam in it too, when she heard it, my gf looked at me and goes "what is wrong with that thing??" lol. i diddnt get completly OWNED but he had me by about 3 lengths at 80 or so. ya win some ya lose some. i was proud to get beat by that guy, it seemed like a well built car.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i got smoked by an old fox body 5.0ish mustang. of course it had a full cage, slicks, battery shut-off, and god knows what else. it smelled like a world of outlaws event next to me at the light so he was definatly running some kind of race gas. it had a monster cam in it too, when she heard it, my gf looked at me and goes "what is wrong with that thing??" lol. i diddnt get completly OWNED but he had me by about 3 lengths at 80 or so. ya win some ya lose some. i was proud to get beat by that guy, it seemed like a well built car.
I dont know where your from, but 3 lengths by 80 is pretty owned.........
Old 08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Good kill! Those Mustangs can be tricky!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Launching!

yeah that 5.0 surprised me. i usually take those out no problem, but it was pretty quick, i gave him his props and so did he. i have a friend with a built 5.0 and it is quick, it kept up with a 383 strocker, with LT4 H/C on Sunday i am more afraid of the 5.0s then the 4.6s they either can be slow as hell or fast as ****
Old 08-31-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive been owned and have owned 5.0's just depends on whats done under the hood. No offence to the modular boys but i dunno what ford was thinking when they stopped making the pushrod v-8?
Old 08-31-2004, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lswonder
Ive been owned and have owned 5.0's just depends on whats done under the hood. No offence to the modular boys but i dunno what ford was thinking when they stopped making the pushrod v-8?
I agree, though I love my 4.6 DOHC motor. 4.6 SOHC are WEAK WEAK WEAK from the factory.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BPLS1
yeah that 5.0 surprised me. i usually take those out no problem, but it was pretty quick, i gave him his props and so did he. i have a friend with a built 5.0 and it is quick, it kept up with a 383 strocker, with LT4 H/C on Sunday i am more afraid of the 5.0s then the 4.6s they either can be slow as hell or fast as ****
last night a foxbody gt with a turbo pulled next to me and that thing sounded sick when the turbo spooled up. i didn't even try and race this guy i probly would of murded me.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill.

After owning a modular and a 5.0 there is a MAJOR difference in the two..Besides the aftermarket(that is way better for the 5.0) the modular is better in a lot of ways..Thats why real street and factory stock guys are crying.Because the modular is doing better with stock parts(we dont have aftermarket heads so we have to port our stockers)..

Ill stick with my 284 cubic inches....
Old 08-31-2004, 10:26 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
I dont know where your from, but 3 lengths by 80 is pretty owned.........
i was expecting it to be like at least a decent 11 second car, thats what i mean by i diddnt get totally owned. it was a dedicated drag car, if he hit a speedbump it would have taken out the big *** fuel pump hangin out the bottom of the gas tank!!