Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another header install ?..please look neway

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another header install ?..please look neway

i have a 99 ta. i want to order the pacesetters. i will also be installing a ls6 intake so the egr is gone. I plan on keeping the cats though. I want to remove the AIR also if its possible. I dont have any questions about installing the headers themselves, its the bungs and simms talk that confuses me. If I do the following !egr and !air, what do I connect up to the headers? Sorry guys for the trillionth ?, but if someone can atleast post a link with the answer Im looking for it would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you are getting rid of the AIR and EGR get yourself of PaceSetter Race headers...same thing , but without provisions for the AIR and EGR. The pacesetter headers come with bungs for the upstream 02 sensors. If you are keeping your cats you might need to have a y-pipe fabricated with cats and have some 02 sensor bungs welded onto the pipe for the downstream(post-cat) 02 sensors; your stock y won't work with the pacesetters.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

Well i plan on going with the TSP catted Y if i decide to stick with a catback. Will they have to weld the bungs on? Also, what are the upstream o2 sensors and are there other sensors that I need to connect and where do they connect? Sorry its just kinda confusing. Its not like the the old school where you just swapped them and thats it... sorry for the ignorance, but Im learning and that's what matters....right??
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

the tsp catted y should have pervisions for the rear o2 sensors, if your keeping cats then your not changing anything as far as the o2 sensors go besides needing to extend the sensor wires, make sure you buy o2 extensions and not use whats included with the pacesetters. for removing egr/air make sure you get the race version headers or you will have to buy blockoff plates which looks like crap imo.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

The TSP Y pipe does not have bungs for the rear o2 sensors. You will still need to buy o2 sims or get it programmed or you will throw a code for not having the sensors installed.

CMC
Old 09-01-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

i am getting a full tune, so i guess I can skip the simms. So I will also need to have the rear o2's deleted right? thanks for the replies y'all!! it means alot