Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

g5x3 & PP 5.3's. have a few ?'s.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default g5x3 & PP 5.3's. have a few ?'s.

Hey guys well here is the deal. My buddie blew his motor up and bought a short block from ls1 speed. Tom told him it had an experimental cam in it. We have the specs and know it is bigger than the x2 but i wont post them because that is a sensitive subject. Anyway will someone who knows the specs please pm me and let me know if this is the g5x3 or not. The biggest reason why we want to know is, i was really wanting that cam for my car but now im not sure if its what i want. His car has every bolt on except a ported throttle body w/ PP 5.3's and ls6 intake. Oh it is a m6 w/ 4.10's. Hard top with cloth interior. Well the best it has run at the track is 7.87 (1/8) @ 94 mph. We know it will run better but so far it has run more low 8's than in the 7's. The car pulls good on top but low end is a little weak. It dynoed 420 rwhp and like 385 rwtq. When we raced on the street he beat me but not as bad as i thought he should have. At a roll he put 2 cars on me, out of the hole i left him and he didnt catch me until i went into fourth gear. We shut down @ 115-120 mph and he was 1/2 a car in front. My time are in my sig. What im getting at is if this is the x3, i can go with a smaller cam and probabally get better times than his head cam car. Now i really dont know what cam i am going with, oh well back to the drawing board. What do you guys think?