Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Headers need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Headers need some help

Hey guys i am gonna be buying some Pascesetter longtubes very shortly and i have a couple questions. I do have emissions, but i plan on getting my car tuned very good, so i wont have to run cats, but this is the setup i wanna run, Pacesetter lontubes, into dual electric cutouts, then into an ORY, then into my Borla catback.

I know its gonna be raspy, but this is going to have to do until i can afford my GMMG catback. So what do you guys think about this setup should it be alright? and what about me needing to pass emissions and everything? with a good tune i should be able to pass them right?

THANKS ALOT
JacobK
Old 09-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Banned

It definately should make some descent power, I have heard of people passing emissions with out cats. I suppose as long as you are using a stock cam or a mild cam you should be ok as far as emmisions go. You can also look into the new catted Y Pipe that Texas Speed has just developed. It uses Cartek cats that flow very well.

CMC
Old 09-01-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

but everything should be ok suck as the dual electric cutouts after the headers and everything?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Banned

If you were to put cutoffs on after the headers you would have to get them welded in. I am running Hooker Headers and an offroad Y Pipe and I just put one cut off in the intermediate pipe. I dropped about 2/10s in the quarter and 1 mph with the cut off open last time I was out without the nitrous. QTP makes a y pipe that has the cut offs in the y pipe already but I am not sure if this will fit with the pacesetters.

CMC
Old 09-02-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats no problem for me to get them welded on after the headers, i was just wondering if this would even be a good idea to do or not, i want it so that when the cut outsm are open its straight longtubes. im gonna wire the cutouts, together so with 1 switch i can open both of them.. Thanks for the help guys