Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patriot heads???

Old 09-03-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default patriot heads???

In all honesty do you guys and gals think that patriot performance has proven themselfs yet. I know that they have had there problems, but do they have them worked out?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love my Patriot heads, with no tune and a tranny that slipped to hell in the 3rd I went 12.10@114 with a 1.8 60ft. I was having to let off for everyshift! Im getting the car tuned on the 15th and have a new tranny in it now. Im sure I will see 11.30s on the motor out my car.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

They are definately making a good name for themselves, I look forward to seeing what becomes of them in the future.

CMC
Old 09-03-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

yes..

Last edited by 98blackSS; 09-04-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:01 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

define "proven themselves"? have they fixed the issues that seemed to have plagued the first batch of heads yes. and on top of that they have come out with one of, if not the best drop in valve springs currently available. with that said would i buy a pair of patriot heads, no. but as i've said before they fill a niche for alot of people and are a good route if you understand what your getting.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Patriot Performance stands ready to review any potential claims that may arise from the use of our products. However, we must have contact with the customer before the process can begin.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

Patriot 5.3 stage 2's are going on my car. The new version valve springs and seals of course. They make a fine product, for a very fair price. There are haters out there, but they usually hate alot of things...lol. The company works on volume, keeping the price down. There are issues with any performance part at one time or another, after all, this is racing, right? **** happens. Peace, Victor
Old 09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone seen results of their heads on big bore LS1's?
Old 09-03-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Anyone seen results of their heads on big bore LS1's?

What size bore?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terry@RacetechSpeed
What size bore?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Track times permitting, but dyno numbers were low for me.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98TA86
In all honesty do you guys and gals think that patriot performance has proven themselfs yet. I know that they have had there problems, but do they have them worked out?

Thanks
They have some really good valvesprings now, but if I bought a set of heads from them.. I'd pay the extra money for a set of rev, ferrera, or manley valves. As far as porting goes I think they have taken a MAJOR step backwards by changing their LS6 style's intake port to huge 250cc (but that's just my opinion). I also belive that every head they sell should be flowed on a flow bench and come with its own flow sheet and even told the owner of patriot that in person. IMO there is no way to sell a consistantly flowing head without verifying the flow of the head before it goes out the door. CNC machines do great work and are very repeatable, but humans blend the valve jobs and anyone that knows about heads will tell you that the valve job will make or break a set of heads.. that's the difference you see in dyno numbers. Also, IMHO there was only one person there competent in PERFORMANCE valve jobs and they are no longer there, so when I sold the last set of patriot heads off my car... I didn't feel comfortable buying another set that wouldn't be flowed unless I "requested" it, so I had to go somewhere else.

It's kinda like buying a hamburger from McDonalds or buying one from a nice resturant, one's quick and cheap and it taste pretty good if you are hungry, but every once in a while you don't get what you ordered because they make so many of them so fast. The hamburger from the nice resturant takes pride in your burger, makes it FOR YOU, like YOU wanted it, and cares if you come back to eat there again.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gomer
They have some really good valvesprings now, but if I bought a set of heads from them.. I'd pay the extra money for a set of rev, ferrera, or manley valves. As far as porting goes I think they have taken a MAJOR step backwards by changing their LS6 style's intake port to huge 250cc (but that's just my opinion). I also belive that every head they sell should be flowed on a flow bench and come with its own flow sheet and even told the owner of patriot that in person. IMO there is no way to sell a consistantly flowing head without verifying the flow of the head before it goes out the door. CNC machines do great work and are very repeatable, but humans blend the valve jobs and anyone that knows about heads will tell you that the valve job will make or break a set of heads.. that's the difference you see in dyno numbers. Also, IMHO there was only one person there competent in PERFORMANCE valve jobs and they are no longer there, so when I sold the last set of patriot heads off my car... I didn't feel comfortable buying another set that wouldn't be flowed unless I "requested" it, so I had to go somewhere else.

It's kinda like buying a hamburger from McDonalds or buying one from a nice resturant, one's quick and cheap and it taste pretty good if you are hungry, but every once in a while you don't get what you ordered because they make so many of them so fast. The hamburger from the nice resturant takes pride in your burger, makes it FOR YOU, like YOU wanted it, and cares if you come back to eat there again.
Wasnt your highest dynoing combo with PP heads? Is the person you are referring to Terry?
Old 09-03-2004, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 385
Wasnt your highest dynoing combo with PP heads? Is the person you are referring to Terry?
No, there was a vette that doesn't post on this board did over 460rwhp with a 231/237 and LS6 style heads, I'm sure he would have beat my 474 with a larger cam. Yes, there is NO racing or high performance experience in that building now... the fastest thing in that parkinglot now is a stock 2004 Z71. Don't get me wrong, I had EXCELLENT results with the heads, but I don't have the confidence to drop the $$$ on a set of heads that could or could not flow the advertised numbers. what kills me is that it wouldn't take but just a few minuites to flow every head that goes out the door.. but they WON'T do it

EDIT: sorry I misread your post.. yes, my highest dynoing combo was with Patriot/TSP raceport heads with a 230/232 cam. I'm making the same torque number now and more midrange power with a MUCH smaller cam. I'll switch to a larger cam later and we'll see what it does.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

i can only comment on my Race Heads and they have doen their job, but I may be looking into some PRC heads very soon.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Launching!

BANDWAGONING!!

Please READ THE FORUM RULES!!

Last edited by Chris ARE 385; 09-04-2004 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well this is going to be another horse to beat!!!!..........
Old 09-04-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

This almost sounds like a Ford Chevy conversaton.

I'm happy with mine and the Dyno numbers supprised the **** out of me. I made 468 RWH with 491 RWTQ on an 80 dry shot of juice, I have since upped it to a 125 shot but haven't gotten back to the Dyno to see the difference. I did however take it to the track and once again I was supprised with an ET of 11.36 with a 60 ft of 1.7. I'm thinking the heads are giving me my monies worth. My only complaint is that now the car is so fast that they wont let me back out on the track without a roll cage, DS loop, and harness. (Mo Money!)

Last edited by Honez; 09-04-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Honez
This almost sounds like a Ford Chevy conversaton.

I'm happy with mine and the Dyno numbers supprised the **** out of me. I made 468 RWH with 491 RWTQ on an 80 dry shot of juice, I have since upped it to a 125 shot but haven't gotten back to the Dyno to see the difference. I did however take it to the track and once again I was supprised with an ET of 11.36 with a 60 ft of 1.7. I'm thinking the heads are giving me my monies worth. My only complaint is that now the car is so fast that they wont let me back out on the track without a roll cage, DS loop, and harness. (Mo Money!)

no offense, i have patriot 5.3's on my car, but i wouldnt be to excited about your dyno numbers...or track times
Old 09-15-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gomer you lied and mislead sooo many people about Patriot heads, now you expect to be able to Pimp Terrys new shop. Who is going to believe a word you say now? How are we to know it wasnt Terry who had Patriot send out crappy heads, so he can hurt their reputation to open a shop of his own. Who knows??? But one way or another you and Terry are the biggest Bull ******** on ls1tech.

Search this Thread