Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions please-Best LS1 Head Porters?

Old 09-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions please-Best LS1 Head Porters?

Hey just a quick question. Who does the best porting on heads? I'm wanting to get a set of heads worked on and I have no clue who to go with? What's everyone's opinion..... Thanks
Old 09-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Banned

Before asking general questions, youll find more results searching through past topics/archives for TONS of info like that....

So do some searching and youll find some answers
Old 09-04-2004, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any myself yet, but when I do I'm going with TEA (Total Engine Airflow) they're first rate guys and have a great product and excellent service.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

C4vette, searching for something like this is quite difficult. Everyone has their own opinions, then throw in some exagerated #s and other bias wishful thinkings. It is quite hard to sort through the bs and find some good solid facts.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm partial to MTI.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Teching In

I've done searches and things but with all the new stuff coming out and maybe new porters I was wondering who would recommend what. I have searched and talked to a few people but I wanted a broader answer for my question. I've heard that TEA is ok and that futral was extremely good.... anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats going to be tough,Thats like asking whos the best actor?Find one with a good background,one that don"t constantly have failures or broken parts.Look in the dyno section and see whos putting down the best numbers,TEA is good,Futral is building kick-*** hp but its the whole combo as well,the new AFR 205 is doing good this is just a few,don"t just look a peak flow either look for good mid lift numbers.Match the heads to what you want to do with the car.I"m sure you will get lots of replies on this subject, but they will be factual and no BS.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

What's your budget?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a good question.That "ll narrow it down some.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Teching In

well if i'm just gonna get the stock heads ported then i guess it really doesnt matter...I'm trying to decide whether to go with stock ls1 ported heads or just get a set of ls6 heads....and i'm trying to see what the price difference was...
Old 09-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Teching In

I understand all that about heads and things, but my main question is in everyone's opinion who is the best overall ls1 head porters... taking my stock heads and porting them. If the price difference isn't gonna be too bad I'll just make the jump to a sponsor's ls6 heads...
Old 09-05-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Junkie

IMHO, the best head porter local to me is Greg Good. He's done some AMAZING things with LS1 cylinder heads. A large portion of people here in Houston consider him to be the best. You should send him a PM for pricing information, turnaround time, and expected performance. He posts on this board as 'Greg Good'.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NewTADriver
Hey just a quick question. Who does the best porting on heads? I'm wanting to get a set of heads worked on and I have no clue who to go with? What's everyone's opinion..... Thanks

I WAS/AM IN THE SAME POSITION U ARE IN. I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HAVING MY LS1 HEADS PORTED OR BUYING A SET OF LS6 HEADS. I HAVE TALKED TO SEVERAL GUYS WHO RACE AND BUILD ENGINES IN MY AREA, AND THEY ALL RECOMEND ONE OF THE SPONSERS OF THIS SITE. PATRIOT PERFORMANCE. U CAN CLICK ON THEIR WEBSITE AND FIND PRICES FOR THE DIFFERENT HEADS...LS1/LS6. I HAVE CALLED AND TALKED TO A VERY KNOWLEDGE AND FRIENDLY PERSON AT PATRIOT, HIS NAME IS GUNNER. FOR AROUND $800 + SHIPPING THEY WILL TAKE YOUR HEADS AND PORT THEM...STAGE II. THIS SOUNDS VERY REASONABLE TO ME. THIS IS WHAT I PLAN ON DOING THIS WINTER. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK

Last edited by KFREY1; 09-05-2004 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

From what I've read about and have seen Larry Meaux is very very good. His board name is Maxracesoftware and does the porting for Bauer Racing, Futral Motorsports and one or two more sponsors me thinks? West coast cylinder Heads are very good too from I've read.

Honestly you can't go wrong w/ most of the places over there ------>
Old 09-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Teching In

thanks for the help guys and i've gotten a pretty good idea on which way I will probably go...
Old 09-05-2004, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Talking Head Porter

Originally Posted by NewTADriver

I have just received my C5R race heads from ET Performance Heads. Carry was very helpful. They supplied CNC porting and all the hardware for a very competetive price and excellent service. Nice Flow figures too 390cfm @ .750"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions please-Best LS1 Head Porters?