Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Only in a straight line eh?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:09 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only in a straight line eh?

At a stoplight behind an INTEGRA, and this guy (clapped out car with nice mirror finish stainless exhuast) is reving in front of me. He turns right and takes off and I'm following, he's WOT but going so slow I think I could have passed him, and I would have if the road was clear. I think he realized he wasn't going anywhere, so he backed off of it for a bit.

I'm on my way home (not really intentionally following him, I don't look for 15 second cars to race) and he guns it as he turns onto a corkscrew turn. I laugh and punch it, and I'm 2-3 feet off his bumper the whole way around this long long sweeping turn. I can hear his 4" wide tires squealing in front of me, and I go from the inside to the outside of my lane a few times just to show him I've got plenty more left if he'd just get out of my way. He is buzzing at WOT the whole time. We are doing 70+ around a pretty nasty corner, dead man's curve at the end of KY RT 16 if you've ever been there.

Pretty funny stuff, not a normal "kill" per se, just me frying race in the corners and the straights.

Also, there is a local black Z06 corvette with the plate "WNT SUM" on it, and I'm trying to get him to race. I almost caught him side by side last night but he turned off. I'll get him one night, never raced one and I'm curious as to how I'd do. It was a young guy driving, and judging by the plate, I'd say he's game.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, there's no way he was WOT on those curves. Everyone knows that muscle cars can't turn and sport compacts were made to handle like they're on rails.