Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I just had a good run with a cobra

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just had a good run with a cobra

I'm in my 02 WS6(mods listed at bottom) on way home from work and I see a white cobra pull out aways in front of me. I thought I would speed up and check him out. By the time I get a few car lengths behind him I can hear he's deffinetly modified. His exhaust sounded mean. I think it might have been louder than mine but hard to tell. So we turn on to a 45 speed limit road and I speed along side him to see if he wants to run. Well the guy wouldn't even look in my direction. Lucky for us we both get caught at the next red light. Now I'm thinking he'll at least look over, nope nothing. Now if this was a better area with not many cops I would of been like **** this guy and just launched on green but unfortunatly I new a lot of cops hang out in that area so I didn't want to risk it unless I new he would go. Light turns green and we start going slow, my heart just aching to slam it. Then he does and by the time I hear his loud *** exhaust I slam it too. As soon as I hit it his advancement stops. I pulled a little closer when he shifted and then were still excelerating at the exact rate. half his car was in front of me untill I shut down at 70. Unfortunatly it was just too risky on that street to go any faster. Man I'm so pissed I didn't just slam it on green. I know I would have won. I don't doubt I would of pulled more on him if I could of taken it to about 110 but thats my fault for being a *****. I guess I have to give him the kill but I wish he was a cooler guy. Even after we ran when I pulled next to him to give him the thumbs up he wouldn't look over. Oh well, I'll just have to hope I run into him again. I don't plan on hesitating next time and I think the result might be a little different.

His car:
03-04 Cobra with at least full exhaust
My car:
2002 A4 Trans Am WS6
My mods:
TSP lid and k&n filter
FLP long tubes w/ half way gutted cats
Corsa exhaust
QTP electric cutout
Dremeled down my bump stop
Removed my baffles in the ram air hood
Removed front sway bar
A few other small weight reductions
BMR SFC's
BMR STB
Spohne(spelling?) chrome molly adjustable LCA's
Spohne chrome molly adjustable PHR
Hal QA1 adjustable front shocks
BFG drag radials
Old 09-05-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice, I haven't had a chance to race a cobra yet, but i've been looking. I only race at the track BTW.

I did race a mach 1 at the track the other day and beat him by about a second in the quarter.

Derek
Old 09-05-2004, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

D Rock, how large of a cam is that. I'm starting to look for what kind of cam would go good with my setup but I don't know much about them yet.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Watch out for the ones with a pulley change and a tune. My TA runs mid 12s at 111-112mph on nittos and a friend's '03 Cobra makes my car feel like a civic.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Teching In

Paragraphs?