Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 05-13-2016, 02:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Headlights fogged?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 09:43 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlights fogged?!

My headlights on the camaro are fogged up and have a film on them. I used 2500 grit sand paper and wet sanded them to see if possibly might come off it did get some off but not much. Any ideas?
Old 09-06-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use a more coarse sandpaper. Most start with 1500, if that doesn't work on getting them cleared up step it down to something like 800. After you've done that just go back over it with a finer paper to take care of any of the scratches you've made with the other paper. Then polish them up for shine. You'll have to spend a decent amount of time on them to get it done right. I guess it's all really dependent on how bad they are. I F'ed around with mine for a total of probably 4.5 hours and they are still kind of foggy.

Best of luck,
Justin
Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Unforgiven1
Use a more coarse sandpaper. Most start with 1500, if that doesn't work on getting them cleared up step it down to something like 800. After you've done that just go back over it with a finer paper to take care of any of the scratches you've made with the other paper. Then polish them up for shine. You'll have to spend a decent amount of time on them to get it done right. I guess it's all really dependent on how bad they are. I F'ed around with mine for a total of probably 4.5 hours and they are still kind of foggy.

Best of luck,
Justin
Anyone else got other methods that worked for them? I'll have to try this one out. I noticed last night with my headlights on that i have a bit of a fog starting on my passenger side. So i really need to catch this before it gets any worse.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Teching In

I know there is some spray that you can put on for 5 minutes and then wipe them clean and they look brand new, although I don't know the name of the product. You can try a search?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Man this was an old thread...this is what I ended up using....Its by Novus. Its a 3 stage polisher for hottubs I believe. It works wonders!!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TamedZ
I know there is some spray that you can put on for 5 minutes and then wipe them clean and they look brand new, although I don't know the name of the product. You can try a search?
This is where the search got me...search button p.me off too. maybe i'm retarded but I don't see why you have to wait 30 seconds in between searches.

Originally Posted by jlrz28
Man this was an old thread...this is what I ended up using....Its by Novus. Its a 3 stage polisher for hottubs I believe. It works wonders!!
I know....so can I get this from menards or what? it's 30 bucks with shipping on this site.

http://www.bestplasticcleaner.com/

nvm there are some smaller bottles on ebay for like 15...but can you get it at menards or some other hardware store? where did you get yours? did you use the 3 bottles or just one?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Second Fun Car

That sounds about right for the price. Its worth it believe me. I normally just use 800, 1500 and then 2000 and then start with the 3 step Novus.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used Maguires PlasticX and it worked great on my headlights.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Read the Appearance Hall of Fame sticky:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/157192-fixed-my-yellow-cracked-headlight-today-pics.html

Quick Reply: Headlights fogged?!