Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a WRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed a WRX

So im driving home and all of a sudden i see a WRX(not the newer styles) getting on my ***. I ignored him figuring he'd back off after reading my license plate(400HPWS6), but he didnt. We come up to the next light and he pulls up along the side of me. Him and his buddy give me a look and i just grin. The light turned green and we waited for the traffic ahead to go, then we took off and i got ahead of him by a car length and began weaving in and out of traffic, as he followed close behind. We finally got to a open stretch and i floored it, and he didnt even have a chance. I absolutly destroyed him by like 10 car lengths. I shut down after i reach 110 The two lanes then merged into one, preventing the ricer fly by he finally appeared again in my rear view 5 minutes after i slowed down, gave him the thumbs up for trying but idk if he noticed. oh well.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill! but no I hate giving the thumbs down

Good timing for no ricer-flyby!

-Todd
Old 09-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Sounds like a nice kill. I own a wrx and they are complete dogs from any roll above 30 mph when they are running stockish power levels. but funny cuz the same thing happened to me today with an old beat up LT1 camaro. We went from a stop and i completely crushed him and his shitty driving by about 4 cars, then i turned onto the highway entrance ramp and set my cruise to 72, sure enough about 5 seconds after merging on the highway he pulls a nice ricer flyby.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wrxpeed
i turned onto the highway entrance ramp and set my cruise to 72, sure enough about 5 seconds after merging on the highway he pulls a nice ricer flyby.
or maybe he likes to drive at 80?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Weaving in and out of traffic?? I dont know who the bigger ricer is in this story.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrxpeed
Sounds like a nice kill. I own a wrx and they are complete dogs from any roll above 30 mph when they are running stockish power levels. but funny cuz the same thing happened to me today with an old beat up LT1 camaro. We went from a stop and i completely crushed him and his shitty driving by about 4 cars, then i turned onto the highway entrance ramp and set my cruise to 72, sure enough about 5 seconds after merging on the highway he pulls a nice ricer flyby.
Domestic owners can't do ricer flybys

...or at least you would think they wouldn't

Good kill there!

-Todd
Old 09-07-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
Weaving in and out of traffic?? I dont know who the bigger ricer is in this story.

lol its not what u think, there was like 3 cars ahead of us and we were just trying to get out to an open stretch. And how is weaving in and out of traffic ricey anyways????
Old 09-07-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
lol its not what u think, there was like 3 cars ahead of us and we were just trying to get out to an open stretch. And how is weaving in and out of traffic ricey anyways????
Stupid ricers always weave in and out of traffic racing no one for no apparent reason other than to **** people off in there slow cars.

-Todd
Old 09-07-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Stupid ricers always weave in and out of traffic racing no one for no apparent reason other than to **** people off in there slow cars.

-Todd
but i had a reason to
Old 09-07-2004, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Good kill...

Last summer I saw one approaching me from behind as I left a light. He was flying up until a few lengths behind me he slowed down and matched pace. I held it in first...rolling slowly as he crept up to me. He was eyeing the car and I could tell by how slow he was approaching that he was still deciding if he wanted to go or not. Well..after a half block of going under the speed limit (2 lane road, 35mph..im still in first ....waiting) I finally hit 5K and realized I had to shift soon... car was pretty damn loud in the upper RPms like that..So I just bumped it into 2nd and felt the tires slip and bitch loudly about my decision. Unfortunately the WRX owner didnt want anything to do with me after that So I didnt get a chance to run him.
(This was before cam/headers.. )
Old 09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
but i had a reason to
I wasn't calling you a ricer, I realized you had a reason to

Some otherguy made a hint at it.

-Todd
Old 09-09-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic