Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed exhaust with great results

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed exhaust with great results

This weekend I had my Jethot Lt's, ORY, and hooker aero chamber installed. While that was being installed I also had a new set of Denso Irdium Plugs IT20 and two new O2 sensors.

The car runs great and sounds even better. At an idel the car is quite with a subtle exhaust note. Stomp on the gas and Holy **** does it get loud but not in an overbearing kind of way. SOTP there is a huge difference too. This thing really pulls a lot harder now from about 4,000 and up. This system really sings.

Now for a side benefit and maybe someone can explain this. My gas mileage has gone up and the slight ping I used to get above 4,500 rpms is totally gone.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

About the pinging going away...most LS1s run richer after LT intall. You were prob. a little lean before thus the ping is gone now. LT will make it run leaner at part throttle and the pcm takes this into account at wot by adding fuel. That's why it's richer at wot.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on your new set-up. Hopefully I'll be joining you LT guys here soon.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new exhaust.

Hooker Catback will definitely be my next exhaust if I decide to sell the TDs..
Old 09-07-2004, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

They system is the best. I've only had it 3 days and I'm having way too much fun with it. At lunch I'm cruising at 40 mph down the road and a ricer with a fart can rolls up and throws a few revs at me. I look over at him and laugh....throw it into to second nail the gas and let the clutch out and absolute smoke him (from hazing the tires) and leave him in the dust. At the next light he had nothing but compliments. He couldn't get over what it sounded like (how loud it got) when I stomped on it and how bad i pulled him.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ28DRIVER1
They system is the best. I've only had it 3 days and I'm having way too much fun with it. At lunch I'm cruising at 40 mph down the road and a ricer with a fart can rolls up and throws a few revs at me. I look over at him and laugh....throw it into to second nail the gas and let the clutch out and absolute smoke him (from hazing the tires) and leave him in the dust. At the next light he had nothing but compliments. He couldn't get over what it sounded like (how loud it got) when I stomped on it and how bad i pulled him.
How do you get ricers to rev at you? I can't get any to even look at me, and I run the Hooker with my Kooks LTs and catted-y...the thing sounds tame as a mouse just rolling around town. Get on it, and all hell breaks loose. The best I've been able to do is get one to back off of my bumper about 2 cars when I revved at a nice WS6...