Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big problem need mad help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big problem need mad help.

Traded in the 2001 SS yesterday for a 2002 Z06.
Paid 35 for the Z06 with 22 thousand miles on it.
Not the best deal ever but it was certified, came with a Kenwood in dash DVD/TV, cross drilled rotors, exhaust, and a few other minor goodies.
Car was bought in South Florida, and I noticed last night that the car pinged pretty badly from 4000-6000 RPM's. It pinged in every gear.
I was thinking that maybe they used 87 when they gave me my free fill on gas so today I put in a full tank of 93. Drove around with the new gas for 20 minutes or so and decited to see if it was still pinging. Gave it gas and around 5000 RPM's in 2nd gear I heard a Boom.
Oil temp droped to around 20 and white smoke was blowing everywhere.

What should I do?
I took the car to the local dealership and they said they would probally need the car for a month to replace the tranny, clutch, and complete motor.
They refused to give me a rent a car.
This is not the dealership I bought the car from however the car was GM certified and I thing a rent a car should be given.
The place I bought the car from said I must have hydroed through a huge water puddle and fucked up the car. I told them to lick my nuts.

Anyways anyone gone through this before or something similar and could give me some help? I cant believe I had a Z06 for 19 hours and the damn thing blew up on me.
I know some guys on here work and manage dealerships, your advice would be awsome. The local dealership said the car should have never been certified with the TV and Exhaust on it. ???????????????????
Thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure it was the exhaust's fault..thats what they will say.. well with all that reduced backpressure, it made the engine blow..one question why are they replaceing the tranny? hey for what you paid..i would let the baby sit until its got a new motor,,and if its not PERFECT i would take it back,and back and back..you paid for a top of the line sports car..its meant to be driven...if they overlooked something during their "inspection" for warranty coverage thats the tech's fault not yours..and yes they should give you a rental car..its under warranty..they try to make all of this money off the warranty and when it comes time to cash in on it they always find some way to screw you out of a couple of benefits.. i was in the cell phone store the other day , i guy had been paying for insurance on his phone for 2 years..he broke the antenna off of it and super glued it back on to get him by..he went to get a new replacement antenna and they said no because it had super glue on it,they wanted 40 bucks for it..that chaps my phucking ***, you pay for insurance and cant use it..hell a new phone is not much more than 40..i was boiling just watching it all and it wasnt even me,,i would have told them to suck on a buffalo pecker and threw it across the room and walked out.

should have told them no, it wasnt a puddle, if they would have installed head gaskets on this thing it wouldnt have hydrolocked...
Old 09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Banned

Yes the whole deal sucks.
I almost want to go get the Camaro back and give this lemon back to them.
The exhaust was on the car when I bought it but your right that is what dealerships try and do.
My local dealership is being real cool about everything except the rental.
They said the tranny shatters too much and said they would just put a new one in for free. I was like OKAY.
Sucks not having a car to drive around. Had to borrow my moms mini van to get around. GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, it shudders now that they get to write it off as someone eles's warranty work from gm to fix ..it didnt shudder that bad when the dealership test drove it to resale it..diffrence in amount of shudder = who's laying down the bacon, gm or dealership..communist bastards they thought well, some old man will get it and not no the difference.. how you gonna say "oh well the tranny shudders too much we need to replace it",,i would say well it shuddered that much when i bought it and they didnt feel the need to fix it then...
matt
Old 09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redbandit98
yea, it shudders now that they get to write it off as someone eles's warranty work from gm to fix ..it didnt shudder that bad when the dealership test drove it to resale it..diffrence in amount of shudder = who's laying down the bacon, gm or dealership..communist bastards they thought well, some old man will get it and not no the difference.. how you gonna say "oh well the tranny shudders too much we need to replace it",,i would say well it shuddered that much when i bought it and they didnt feel the need to fix it then...
matt

Damn good point.
Funny how that works.

At least there will be a complete new drivetrain installed.
That is almost worth the hassle.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have your local lawyer call them to remind them of their legal obligations... what does the contract say? In NY you can return a used car to the dealer and request a full refund if it is within one week....
Old 09-08-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You know that sounds like a car that has been in a flood or something similar.
Check underneath the carpet inside and see if there is evidence of so.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

I doubt they have any obligation to provide you with a rental. It would have to be in your contract to hold them to that. I personally wouldn't want the car and would contact a lawyer to get my money back. Good luck.

Eric
Old 09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Teching In

they DO have to give you a rental car and cannot turn you away if the car has 22k on it. I also think that you had a blown (if there was one on there) head gasket and it was most likely like that when you got it. if nothing else call gm and say look, " i just bought a almost brand new vette and figured that it would be dependable, etc turns out it is a p.o.s. and if i wanted something to give me trouble i would have bought a $1500.00 car, at least i would have expected it and had the $$$ to repair it. if you talk bad about their flagship car, tell them you always buy gm , but now since the way everything has happened and especially after the shitty customer service you have gotten you are really doing some evaluations about their quality, etc. they will do their best to satisfy you. if that doesn't work tell them you are going to report them to the better business bureau, that will call their bluff. i been through the same thing on a 2003 gmc truck. needless to say, i got a new one under the lemon law. good luck man.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

with 22000 miles on it then it should still have the factory warranty and any dealership should not have a problem with it......if they do call a lawyer thats what i would do scare them a little bit it's good for em.....
Old 09-08-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

That's crazy, sorry to hear that man. Sounds like a car that was beat and put back to stock to sell. Reused head bolts and or headgaskets? You might want to check and make sure those are actually LS6 heads on that motor if you haven't checked. Sounds like something isn't right here at all. I would seriously consider taking back as a lemon. Not a good way to start out at all.

Last edited by kossuth; 09-08-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Ginger Hater

They can probably pull the exhuast voided the warranty crap.....but that isn't anything. If you bought it used, most car dealers will give you a 1 month, 7200(?) mile warranty on a used car. If they don't budge on anything you say, I'd be calling a lawyer. Good luck with this one.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

If this vehicle is Certified it shouldn't have any aftermarket parts on it, NONE. A GM dealer cannot certify a car unless it is like new, all original. The Certified warranty is 3 months/3000 miles after the original warranty expires or the mileage of the OD when U bought it. So if it had 36k on it it would be good for 39k or 3 months from the date of purchase. If the Repairs are covered under the certified claim then Yes U should get a rental of No Charge, but if they can PROVE that you where A:Racing it B: Drove thru a low water crossing or C:used Nitrous they can revoke your warranty and make U pay for the Time of the rental use. But like I stated before if this car had exhaust, DVD, and aftermarket stuff like that it should have never beed certified and I would take it back to the dealer U purchased it from cause they would be liable for giving U a certified warranty when the vehicle was not suppose to be certified in the 1st place.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh and about that dealer U bought it from, they would have to prove that U drove it through a low water crossing or hydrolocked it, like water in the oil or soaked carpet and things like that, contact GM if they give U any trouble. Most likely they will get in trouble for certifiing cars that are not qualified for the Program. oh yea I work at a Chevy Dealership