Sponsored by:

Just sent an email to GM

Old 09-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Just sent an email to GM

Just to clear some ?'s of mine up, directly from the source. I sent this to GM

"Dear Tech Support~
Concerning a LS1 powered F-Body with OBDII...if the SES light comes on a picks up a code, for example, rich bank 1 or 2, and then goes off, and the computer stores the troubles codes...........now the SES light goes off, however the trouble codes are still stored in the ECM. My question: If trouble codes are stored in the ECM, but the SES light goes out, does the computer de-tune, or put itself in some kind of "limp" mode until the codes are cleared? Also, after you clear the stored codes, how long does it take the LS1 to re-learn the engine, and gain maximum output? Thanks, I and many other F-Body owner's appreciate your answer and time with this!!!

Joe"

Awaiting a response
Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 AM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

I wish you the best. However, my experience with such things is that if they respond at all it will be something like: "In order to resolve this difficulty, please schedule your vehicle for a diagnostic appointment at your local GM Dealer."

The type of folks who really know what's going on aren't allowed to talk to those who want to know. The folks who are allowed to talk don't know any answers. It's a true "Catch 22" situation from the performance enthusiast's perspective!

All my best,

Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just sent an email to GM