Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found my exhaust but 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Found my exhaust but 1 ?

went to LS1sounds.com, went to header/cutout and at the bottom found a WS6 with Jet Hot LT's, no cats, single cutout, and 224 cams, does ne one know the exhaust hes running or headers, because the sounds is just simply amazing and i am stuck on this exhaust... jus need a lil help, he has the setup i want, also.... im a newb so dont blast me, wut exactly is a cutout and wut does it do? thanks to all. also, if i wanted to go with the TSP true duel system, could i still use the hotjet LT's and do the exhaust cutout??? like i said im a V8 newb, but am willing to take constructive critasizm, , thanks guys

Last edited by 99RamAirLS1; 09-07-2004 at 11:36 PM. Reason: need to add one more thing
Old 09-07-2004, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99RamAirLS1
went to LS1sounds.com, went to header/cutout and at the bottom found a WS6 with Jet Hot LT's, no cats, single cutout, and 224 cams, does ne one know the exhaust hes running or headers, because the sounds is just simply amazing and i am stuck on this exhaust... jus need a lil help, he has the setup i want, also.... im a newb so dont blast me, wut exactly is a cutout and wut does it do? thanks to all. also, if i wanted to go with the TSP true duel system, could i still use the hotjet LT's and do the exhaust cutout??? like i said im a V8 newb, but am willing to take constructive critasizm, , thanks guys
Another one from Alabama He has jethot headers with a single cutout on the i pipe. A cutout is a pipe you weld in place of another part of a pipe. Cutouts have another optional exhaust pipe that comes off of them to bypass the catback system. You can get an electric one which you can open/close at your will or just a manual one. I'm pretty sure you can use the TSP true dual system with jethots. The cutout would be useless to do with true duals however. Anyway, where in Alabam are you?
Old 09-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Teching In

alabaster, bought 20 minute drive from birmingham, wut exhaust system would best give me tha sound, i know the cam is whats giving it the hardcore rumble, but i dont know wut catback i want, coudl i get that same sound with the true duels just as easily or is the cutout giving it thast sound?
Old 09-08-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99RamAirLS1
alabaster, bought 20 minute drive from birmingham, wut exhaust system would best give me tha sound, i know the cam is whats giving it the hardcore rumble, but i dont know wut catback i want, coudl i get that same sound with the true duels just as easily or is the cutout giving it thast sound?
My first set of TDs.. Borla XR-1s.. I'll have clips of the Sweet-Thunders tomorrow..

True Duals

Trust me.. the sweet thunders are alot louder than the mufflers in that vid..

Also, Jaberwaki is a member of this site.. Send him a PM asking about his setup..

Last edited by Z28Venom; 09-08-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Teching In

hell yea preciate it man, i like the sound, thats alot wut im looking for, jus that godly loud thundering deep exhaust tone, if i got JetHot LT's, TR224 ca, TSP True Duel 3" kit with borla XR-1 mufflers, could i jus weld the mufflers at the end of the x pipe and leave as is, like u did Venom, would it be a little more rumble, because like i said, im looking for that hardcore throaty rumble, thanks man,