Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker muffler install question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Hooker muffler install question

I'm planning on replacing my current muffler with a Hooker aerochamber. In the picture it looks like there's some kind of bracket thing on the inlet, just wondering how that would attach to regular 3" pipe - looks like a band clamp wouldn't work, but would rather not have it welded. Anyone done this?
Old 09-08-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patSS/00
I'm planning on replacing my current muffler with a Hooker aerochamber. In the picture it looks like there's some kind of bracket thing on the inlet, just wondering how that would attach to regular 3" pipe - looks like a band clamp wouldn't work, but would rather not have it welded. Anyone done this?
If you check Thunderracings website, the muffler looks exactly like any other. It should come to you like any other muffler. I believe that the catback Hooker mufflers have some type of flange..
Old 09-08-2004, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you can actually remove your stock muffler first. Those things have a habit of being a slight pain to remove once the elements have gone to work.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a 3 bolt flange, just like a header collector.