Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker or TSP rumbler with Lontubes???

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hooker or TSP rumbler with Lontubes???

I am down to these two catbacks. Hooker or TSP Rumbler. I will have longtubes and offroad y this spring. I think, but am not sure, that the rumbler will be raspy with the y pipe...true? But I don't know, is the hooker really that quiet?? I don't want to be that quiet, I want my car to be heard, but sound good at the same time. I am between these two because I need a catback quick, I cant take the stock sound anymore...way too quiet... I might switch over to true duals way in the future, so don't suggest those now. Just between those two which would you choose???
Old 09-09-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS62000
I am down to these two catbacks. Hooker or TSP Rumbler. I will have longtubes and offroad y this spring. I think, but am not sure, that the rumbler will be raspy with the y pipe...true? But I don't know, is the hooker really that quiet?? I don't want to be that quiet, I want my car to be heard, but sound good at the same time. I am between these two because I need a catback quick, I cant take the stock sound anymore...way too quiet... I might switch over to true duals way in the future, so don't suggest those now. Just between those two which would you choose???
Please go with the Hooker if you're gonna do ORY. I had the Rumbler, and that thing was raspy as all hell with my ORY.

There's a clip of it at idle in my sig. There's also 2 others over at www.ls1sounds.com of me reving it and what not..

Coming from an ex-Rumbler owner, go with the Hooker.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, that is what I am leaning towards. It's not too quiet is it (Hooker)?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS62000
Thanks, that is what I am leaning towards. It's not too quiet is it (Hooker)?
Nah..
I've heard the Hooker.. A little louder at idle than stock.. But people will definitely hear you once you get one it..
Old 09-09-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

That's good enough for me. I figure it will be plenty loud with longtubes offroad y-pipe, I hope it will compliment my cam, once I get it.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

another vote for hooker.

its will sound sweet with LT's and ORP
Old 09-09-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

personally, the hooker sounds better than the Rumbler.....at least from listenin' to LS1sounds
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i havent heard the rumbler, but the hooker is freakin awesome in my book. sounds kinda old school to me. i love it
Old 09-10-2004, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got rid of true duals dumped with bullets for the hooker catback. At idle even with lt's and ory pipe, it is still barely louder than stock. but its the higher rpm sound that makes this catback. WOT is absolutely wicked. It has tone, its pretty damn loud, and with a cam, the damn thing is bliss honestly. Only other catback id take over it is the GMMG and that would only happen if i won the lottery lol.

I have pacesetter lt's and ory with the hooker catback. I have a 224/228 cam on a 114 lsa and it sounds great. you can barely tell i have a cam at idle. step on it though, and it will make even the prissiest of women **** their pants.

best thing about it, inside the car you can barely hear it, no drone, no rasp, but i have heard that with ory pipes it can be slightly rapsy so if you are sensative to that, be careful.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With no cats on it, the hooker will sound so nice. First had with this one.