Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amsoil Pre Oiler

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Amsoil Pre Oiler

Anyone see this yet? Its kinda new as of last month.

http://www.amsoil.com/products/amk.htm

Thinking about trying one out. The only thing I think one would need to do is find where to tap into the oil supply. The kit provides an NTP fitting and I think a T for an in line hose hookup. Sounds cools. Wouldn't mind keeping my engine in good health as long as possible. Tell me what you guys/gals think. Can this work on our LS1? Thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw those in the advertising in the mail. I am a firm believer in their products. I would think it would work on any vehicle. Thought about doing one myself.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BenKey
I saw those in the advertising in the mail. I am a firm believer in their products. I would think it would work on any vehicle. Thought about doing one myself.
Yeah,I like their oil. I run it in all my vehicals and my father puts it in the his Rig, his Harley, and my mother's cars. It is top notch oil. I think I will give it a try.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of engine wear does come from the initial first start of the day, so something like this will help for sure.

And Amsoil is definitely top notch oil, one of the best synthetics out there.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate to bring up an old thread... but why would this be any better than say the moroso oil accumulator/pre-oiler? Well, other than the fact that this is automatic and the moroso style would have to be manually operated before engine start?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pimpmaro
I hate to bring up an old thread... but why would this be any better than say the moroso oil accumulator/pre-oiler? Well, other than the fact that this is automatic and the moroso style would have to be manually operated before engine start?
I never knew about the Moroso one but I think you might have anwered your own question . It wouldn't hurt to try it. I just wanted to see if anyone has hooked it up already. Thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the question I was asking was more in reference to Amsoil's statement that their pre-oiler doesn't use a compressed gas to accumulate the oil (which is a reason they say theirs is the best??) and repressurize the system... which I personally would assume to be more reliable than what I'm guessing is a pump driven style that they're using.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Pre Oiler