Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not really a kill but close

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not really a kill but close

I have a 02 WS6 with most bolt ons and just put in a 3800 Vig. Earlier today I'm drivin around trying to get use to it and feeling it out. I'm a little scared to launch it, I think my rear might go. So the first few mustangs I see don't want anything to do with me and even the imports that rev at me turn off as soon as they hear my exhaust. So decide to head back home and turn on to a nice road for going to about 90. I get to about 20 and then just slam on the gas, man this converter hits hard. I get to about 50 and notice a mustang behind me trying to keep up so I just go with it. At 90 hes about 6 bus lengths behind me. I slow down and let him catch up. He looks at me and says man that things fast. I just smile and say thanks. Seemed like a nice guy but I could tell now he didn't want to race. It was just a GT with exhaust so I don't blame him. I wish I saw him earlier so I could of let him catch up but oh well. It still put a smile on my face
Old 09-12-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't worry, i'm sure you'll get plenty chances
Old 09-12-2004, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats easy to say when your in Texas, they don't come along so easy in Illinois. Plus I don't drive it daily anymore. It really pisses me off how many times I run into people wanting to race me in my beater civic. Stupid punks, if they only new.