Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Experience Please Come in...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Header Experience Please Come in...

I have a few questions. First I smell the car running rich since my cam swap last few weeks ago, do headers typically make you run rich or lean? No tune yet. Second the headers I bought are used Coated Hookers. Should I worry bout cleaning up the primarys they look a lil rough? Also would a reg. weld shop be able to reapir a visible leak on one of the air hose fittings its more like a small crack on the weld? I would hate to run richer. So if thats the case I will wait till I can get it tuned immediatly after the installtion. Any comments appreciated. Thanx
Old 09-12-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
I have a few questions. First I smell the car running rich since my cam swap last few weeks ago, do headers typically make you run rich or lean? No tune yet. Second the headers I bought are used Coated Hookers. Should I worry bout cleaning up the primarys they look a lil rough? Also would a reg. weld shop be able to reapir a visible leak on one of the air hose fittings its more like a small crack on the weld? I would hate to run richer. So if thats the case I will wait till I can get it tuned immediatly after the installtion. Any comments appreciated. Thanx
LTs usually make you run rich.

Also, since you're running an ORY. You should expect more of a gas smell from your exhaust.

You're running your car without a tune, so I'm sure your A/F is really jacked right now. Once my car was tuned most of the scent that you're mentioning was mellowed out a bit.

How long before you get tuned?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I figured on running rich. Any comments on the Headers?