Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals question...

Ok I have searched and read and visited the Texas Speed & Performance site... I saw there 3" TD set up for $419 with free shipping, X-pipe and 18" bullet mufflers... so from there I know I have to add headers and tips? What about cats? I also would like it to go over the axle, if I want to do that am I better off just getting something completely custom? Ground clearance is already an issue with the regular stock exhaust, its kinda hilly at some places going in and out of strip malls. Also if I get the TSP TD's I have to pay someone to fab on the rest to the back right? Thanks in advance...
Old 09-12-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ONCE AGAIN!!

Search... Look farther down this page.. There are MANY posts about TDs that answer everyone of the questions that you just posted...

If you go with the TSP setup.. You WILL need LTs. You don't need to purchase tips for this setup. It dumps at the axle.

If you want a setup to exit the rear, you're better off just having an exhaust shop do all of the fabrication for you. BIG $$$$ to have that done.

If you're having clearance issues now, TDs aren't going to make them any better for you.

Good Luck.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

I feel the love, and I looked down the page. They didn't answer my exact question so if you feel like you wasted your time posting that info for me specifically I am sorry. K thx.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Getting a set-up that dumps over the axel will be more expensive since to fit two pipes over it, you have to have a pretty good bend.

I believe ls1speed.com sells a true duel over the axel set-up though.

-Todd
Old 09-12-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formula99SD
I feel the love, and I looked down the page. They didn't answer my exact question so if you feel like you wasted your time posting that info for me specifically I am sorry. K thx.
Nothing against you personally.. there have just been a lot of repeat TD questions..
Old 09-12-2004, 10:55 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

from what your describing you dont want the TSP duals. the TSP dual setup is for people who want a direct bolt in w/o any modifications. you dont have to fab up anything, they took the guess work out of everything.

if you want over the axel duals i suggest you get in touch with an exhaust shop who has done that kind of work on an fbody, and go over a plan on how you want it fabbed up.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrp
from what your describing you dont want the TSP duals. the TSP dual setup is for people who want a direct bolt in w/o any modifications. you dont have to fab up anything, they took the guess work out of everything.

if you want over the axel duals i suggest you get in touch with an exhaust shop who has done that kind of work on an fbody, and go over a plan on how you want it fabbed up.

tsp's are great for an exle dump. much cheaper to get that part fabbed if you're gonna get it extended anyhow, cuz extending it out the back(from the dumped point) is going to run you more then the TSP setup will alone. ls1speed.com charges like $1100 for out the rear true duals, fully custom built.

and Venom was right. had you searched, all your questions are answered somewhere else already. i know for a fact the answers are out there. i've answered half of them myself personally.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

TSP duals + needed ground clearance = not a good idea
Believe me. I don't care what they say, the exhaust hangs low. I have about 3 1/2 inches of clearance. You might want to go 2.5 inch tubing, you'll gain a little clearance over the 3 inch.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tomaSS
TSP duals + needed ground clearance = not a good idea
Believe me. I don't care what they say, the exhaust hangs low. I have about 3 1/2 inches of clearance. You might want to go 2.5 inch tubing, you'll gain a little clearance over the 3 inch.
Correct. I just got my TSP true duals on Thursday, and they are very low to the ground. You'll scrape going in and out of moderately sloped driveways. Oh well. They sound really sweet.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Venom, how did you get your td's to tuck up so nicely?