PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help , PCM trouble?

Old 09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help , PCM trouble?

I swapped a ls1 auto setup into a 93 RX7... The pcm was flashed and they eliminated all the things that would bring up codes etc with Hptuners . When I first got it running properly I wasnt getting full throttle and so I modified my gas pedal setup so that I get 100 percent full throttle. Now that it gets 100% WOT the car hits the rev limiter before it shifts at WOT in first, second and when it goes into third it shifts into third and then when the rpms get up a few notches it kicks back down and sits on the limiter till I let of the gas a hair and then itll shift back into third and keep on. If I stomp on it and just let off a hair from WOT , like 90% WOT, then it shifts fine all the way through the range and doesnt hit the limiter. What am I to do? Im thinking I need to reprogram the PCM to solve this problem , it almost seems like its opening too far at WOT or something .....Im clueless.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's using the WOT shift tables now instead of the normal tables. They probably need to be edited. Are the tables scaled properly for the rear gear ratio and is the speedo sensor plugged into the wiring harness?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
It's using the WOT shift tables now instead of the normal tables. They probably need to be edited. Are the tables scaled properly for the rear gear ratio and is the speedo sensor plugged into the wiring harness?

The speedo sensor is hooked up as it should be but I doubt the tables have been rescaled. I need to get HPtuners and go into it .

Search this Thread