Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Oh what a night

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oh what a night

I'm not going to punish your eyes with the long versions of this story. I will try to sum it up. 3 races in one night. Made a nice piece of money. 1st was a SS. The guy has an auto and thought a converter, nittos, and a cam was all he needed to walk me. Ha ha. Raced him and had 4 on him by the time I was in the middle of 2nd. I don't know this guy and after he fell further behind I aborted the run. Ran him again and the same results. Cool guy.$$$$$

Next race a Malibu (With Slicks) This was fun but I knew I could beat him. He crushed me off the line but he couldn't hold me off. I caught up to the rear of his car at the end of second. I passed him in third and won the race.$$$$$

The last run was THE BEST RACE I HAVE EVER HAD. This run was for ***** and grins. It was a 04 Cobra with the monsterous Kenny Bell blower. Now before ANYBODY starts questioning the driver's ability, he is a very very good driver ( It's my Boy) but to his credit he need some tires bad (we both do). 1st race was from a dig. We took of and he spun worst than me and I got a 1/2 car lead. All through the gears it stayed that way. The spin cost him that race. The second race we go from a dig and we both take of good. I power shift 2nd and the car went into a serious fish tail and I thought I was going to lose it and of course I lost the race. We both wanted to go from a roll of 30 or so to about 120 and I got the jump and held him off the entire time. Damn it was fun. That Snake is sweet and loud as hell and it's a funny feeling hearing that thing running up from behind you. I didn't get home until 6:45am. The War department (my girl) was pissed. So I had to fork over some the hard earned cash to kinda get out of the dog house. All in all I will do it again because it was mad fun.

Last edited by Shoulder Shaker; 09-12-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kinda car do you have, and what mods?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Late December back in 63?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
What kinda car do you have, and what mods?
01 SS m6 with all bolt ons, heads, cam everything you can do to it plus it's bottle fed
Old 09-12-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Velocity
Old 09-13-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ha ha. Yeah. I'm old enough to remember that song and when I wrote the title to this thread that's the first tune that pop into my head. No this was Friday night 9-10-04
Old 09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

were you spraying on the runs ? congrats on the kills
Old 09-13-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by silverbeast
were you spraying on the runs ? congrats on the kills
Thanks. I had to spray him keep up with the Snake. His car is a killer.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:18 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shoulder Shaker
01 SS m6 with all bolt ons, heads, cam everything you can do to it plus it's bottle fed
How about a REAL description. "everything you can do to it" ??? wtf, do you have a supercharger? turbo? is there a jet engine strapped on top?

What type of heads/cam do you have? Not really looking for exact specs, but a general type/size would be nice.

What about the block? Is it a stock block, forged, stroked?

Stock rear end, 12 bolt, 9 inch, 8.8???

What's it dyno? What's it run at the track?

I'm not asking for exact specs or anything out of the question, but it makes the story much more interesting when you know something about the car the person is driving ... just looking for alittle info, i'm not bustin *****.

nice runs.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
How about a REAL description. "everything you can do to it" ??? wtf, do you have a supercharger? turbo? is there a jet engine strapped on top?

What type of heads/cam do you have? Not really looking for exact specs, but a general type/size would be nice.

What about the block? Is it a stock block, forged, stroked?

Stock rear end, 12 bolt, 9 inch, 8.8???

What's it dyno? What's it run at the track (if you have ever taken it there)

I'm not asking for exact specs or anything out of the question, but it makes the story much more interesting when you know something about the car the person is driving ... just looking for alittle info, i'm not bustin *****.

nice runs.
Hey man just like it says. I would have stated it had a turbo or something just like I said it was bottle fed. I'm not trying to bust your ***** either but I don't see alot of people putting there entire set up in there sig and that's their choice and that's cool. Anyway it has the stock rear for as long as it will hold. ( who knows how long that will last) It's a stock bottom end with a tune and 100shot(wet). Absolute Speed heads, cam All bolt on's. I will be going to the track soon. I will definitly post what it runs. The last time I went I pull a 11.4 on a street tire(No drag radial) at 123.

Last edited by Shoulder Shaker; 09-13-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn, sounds like your car is a beast..... congrats w/ the kills
Old 09-13-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I want to get it tuned for a 150shot but I think I will be exceeding it's limit. I also got my window switch hooked up now so I don't have to be scared to drive it like I stole it.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Totally beat me too it! That was the first thing that popped into my head...LOL
Old 09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
STF Veteran

http://users.cis.net/sammy/4season.htm
Old 09-13-2004, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TA TED

Hell yea Ted, you came through in the clutch to ******* post that bad *** song!!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Launching!

So you got H/C setup, M6, and apparently you're spraying less than a 150 shot, and you have bald tires, and...you put 4 cars on an SS with cam, converter, and (by the way you said it) a decent set of nittos, by the middle of second?

Cutting to the chase, If you're on a 100 shot, I'm estimating around 500hp on the juice. But you said you sprayed the Cobra, not the SS. So I'm now estimating about 400 - 420hp now....and you put 4 cars on him by the middle of second...

Not to be an *** or anything, but I call BS. I'd call BS on the "4 cars by the middle of second" even if you were spraying 150 on him.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

you beat me to it good one
Old 09-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Clipper
So you got H/C setup, M6, and apparently you're spraying less than a 150 shot, and you have bald tires, and...you put 4 cars on an SS with cam, converter, and (by the way you said it) a decent set of nittos, by the middle of second?

Cutting to the chase, If you're on a 100 shot, I'm estimating around 500hp on the juice. But you said you sprayed the Cobra, not the SS. So I'm now estimating about 400 - 420hp now....and you put 4 cars on him by the middle of second...

Not to be an *** or anything, but I call BS. I'd call BS on the "4 cars by the middle of second" even if you were spraying 150 on him.
Had me scratching my head also. Maybe just an exaggeration(spelling) on the length of cars? Good kills Nonetheless.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Clipper

That's cool that you call BS and I don't think you are being an ***, But lets get the story straight. 1.) I never said my tires were bald. When I said I need tires I'm talking about a DR or maybe a et street when I change my rear. The tire I have now allowed me to cut a 183 60ft so they are straight but I believe a DR with low tire pressure would serve better. 2) I never said I didn't spray the SS. But I did. The question that I responded to was did I spray the Cobra. 3) I give you the 4 cars by the middle of 2nd because it's my estimation and it was dark. I know he was far enough behind me to where you could not see him or his passenger, the grill of his car or anything. Looking from the rearview mirror to see what's behind is not the easiest thing to be accurate on especially at night. THat was the reason for aborting the run. Now if he stop running his car that's his problem. I'm just telling you how it went down. I even asked him what happen and he asked for the 2nd run. Did his girl get scared? Who knows. I asked him to put her out anyway. After that it was no longer my problem. Your estimation of my hp is your estimation. As we all know it's not what it dyno it's how it runs and who is driving.

Last edited by Shoulder Shaker; 09-14-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
Had me scratching my head also. Maybe just an exaggeration(spelling) on the length of cars? Good kills Nonetheless.
Thanks. All in all it was more fun than anything because everyone was cool. No attitudes no **** talking just go old fashion racing.