Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after storage...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems after storage...

Just pulled my second car out of storage after getting back, and it (90 eclipse GST) is having some issues now...

F#ckin Rats ate through some of the wires so I had to splice those right off the bat just to get the car started...

The car idles really wierd, and much higher than usual after a minute or so of being started, it bounces between 1700 and 2000.

The oil pressure guage climbed over to H sitting at a light, I got off the side of the road, turned the engine off, messed arround with a couple of the other wires that stupid rats had chewed on, tried starting the engine 20 min. later, ran perfect, then the idle starting acting weird again, but the Oil Pressure went back to normal... What makes/made Oil Pressure go to H?

Finally, the car BUCKS like it does'nt have any gas at about 4000RPMs and up, but the tank is full...

Any ideas?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeddySS98
Just pulled my second car out of storage after getting back, and it (90 eclipse GST) is having some issues now...

F#ckin Rats ate through some of the wires so I had to splice those right off the bat just to get the car started...

The car idles really wierd, and much higher than usual after a minute or so of being started, it bounces between 1700 and 2000.

The oil pressure guage climbed over to H sitting at a light, I got off the side of the road, turned the engine off, messed arround with a couple of the other wires that stupid rats had chewed on, tried starting the engine 20 min. later, ran perfect, then the idle starting acting weird again, but the Oil Pressure went back to normal... What makes/made Oil Pressure go to H?

Finally, the car BUCKS like it does'nt have any gas at about 4000RPMs and up, but the tank is full...

Any ideas?
H, meaning "hot"?

Check your ignition system and your fuel system about your problems (filter, spark plugs+wires). Also check your PCM for any codes, one of the wires you spliced may be off or you may have missed a wire.

-Todd
Old 09-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Launching!

"H" for High... what causes High oil pressure? the oil is right where it's suppose to be on the dip stick...I was just sitting at a red light, and happened to look down, and the oil pressure guage just started climbing all of a sudden, it was really wierd.

I just changed the fuel filter like in Jan, so I would "think" it to be okay...
THe spark wires were fine, from what I could see...
The plugs I did'nt pull out, but I can do that...

Those stupid rats nawed through the wires going to the connectors for the fuel pump I think it is... Could get the vehicle to start at first... then we spliced the wires, and the car started right up...

now it just runs goofy while idling or under acceleration up top...
Old 09-14-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeddySS98
"H" for High... what causes High oil pressure? the oil is right where it's suppose to be on the dip stick...I was just sitting at a red light, and happened to look down, and the oil pressure guage just started climbing all of a sudden, it was really wierd.

I just changed the fuel filter like in Jan, so I would "think" it to be okay...
THe spark wires were fine, from what I could see...
The plugs I did'nt pull out, but I can do that...

Those stupid rats nawed through the wires going to the connectors for the fuel pump I think it is... Could get the vehicle to start at first... then we spliced the wires, and the car started right up...

now it just runs goofy while idling or under acceleration up top...
What a horror story

I did a search for you
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=716901

the words were "high oil pressure". See what that gets you, I have to get to bed soon