Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Y-pipes Fit Jet Hot Lt's

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Y-pipes Fit Jet Hot Lt's

Bought A Set Of Jet Hot Lt Headers For My 2000 Ss And The The Fit And Finish Is Excellent. The Y-pipe Needs Some Work, Theres No Bracket To Mount To The Back Of The Trans (i Know I Can Weld A Bracket On).the Clearance On The Drivers Side Is About 1/4" ,with No Room For Adjustment And It's Bouncing On The Floor Boards.
It's Taking All The Fun Out Of Driving My Car. Any Help On What Other Y-pipes With Mounting Brackets That Fit These Headers Would Be Appreciated. I Need To Fix This Problem Before Englishtown,nj Show.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAVID HAAG
Bought A Set Of Jet Hot Lt Headers For My 2000 Ss And The The Fit And Finish Is Excellent. The Y-pipe Needs Some Work, Theres No Bracket To Mount To The Back Of The Trans (i Know I Can Weld A Bracket On).the Clearance On The Drivers Side Is About 1/4" ,with No Room For Adjustment And It's Bouncing On The Floor Boards.
It's Taking All The Fun Out Of Driving My Car. Any Help On What Other Y-pipes With Mounting Brackets That Fit These Headers Would Be Appreciated. I Need To Fix This Problem Before Englishtown,nj Show.
Most people put a peice of rubber or something over the y-pipe to get rid of the rattling. Since you are going to englishtown, I am guessing you are not that far away from mufflex (they are right outside trenton). Give them a call if you want a new y-pipe.

Welcome abourd

-Todd
Old 09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

hooker ory , cheap , good fit, has the trans bracket, clearance is a ton better than teh jet hot y , i had there catted y, i wasted money on that one
mufflex is a little more but has a better merge setup
Old 09-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Teching In

i will have to agree. I bought the LTs and Y the headers are awsome, but the Y really sucks, i am gonna call and see if i can get a refund on the Y. I got a buddy that has a muffler shop and he "fabricated" it some, but it still hits slightly. good luck
Old 09-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks Guys, You've Been A Big Help So Far. I Was Also Told To Replace The Trans Bushing To A Prothane One, Any Imput On This Would Be Also Appreciated.