Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Patriot Performance

Why are sponsers of this site starting not carry Patriot Performance Parts? Both Racetech and Texas Speed and Performance have stated that they will no longer be using Patriot. Did I miss some big announcement? Someone give the the dirt on what the hell's going on here.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:16 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes you missed the announcement. they are looking out for there best interest.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1BAD-SS
Why are sponsers of this site starting not carry Patriot Performance Parts? Both Racetech and Texas Speed and Performance have stated that they will no longer be using Patriot. Did I miss some big announcement? Someone give the the dirt on what the hell's going on here.
The thread I read was specific to the heads and poor or no quality control. This resulted in sponsors losing confidence in Patriot. It's not my place to speak for them but that is myunderstanding of the issue.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patriot heads have always flowed iffy at best, sometimes a difference of up to 40. (and never to the good i.e advertised at 307, flow at 267). From what I have been told directly that's why. The sponsors need quality they can depend on.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gettinthere
Patriot heads have always flowed iffy at best, sometimes a difference of up to 40. (and never to the good i.e advertised at 307, flow at 267). From what I have been told directly that's why. The sponsors need quality they can depend on.

Thats what I wanted to know. I look to this site for info on parts and mods for my car, so when something like this happens I like to know why. I plan on using Racetech to do some install work for me whenever my QTP headers get here and I will ask Terry about it personally.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I wanted to know. I will ask Terry about it personally.

That's the best idea.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I wanted to know. I look to this site for info on parts and mods for my car, so when something like this happens I like to know why. I plan on using Racetech to do some install work for me whenever my QTP headers get here and I will ask Terry about it personally.

What part of Birmingham are you around mostly? I drive a NBM WS6. I can't recall seeing a NBM SS anywhere...except one night on 459 with 2 Z28's... Was that you by any chance?
Old 09-15-2004, 04:52 AM
On The Tree

Oh great!
Considering i have a set of PP heads waiting to go on, what can I check myself that has been an issue in the past? They have the gold springs.
They look a nice set to me, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I was under the impression that they had sorted out the early gremlins.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had great result's with the Patriot LQ9 heads that we bought last winter.Now I've got to find out where to get the Patriot dual springs from
Old 09-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Collections Hold

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I had great result's with the Patriot LQ9 heads that we bought last winter.Now I've got to find out where to get the Patriot dual springs from
The Patriot gold springs are not the only spring on the market that works. I have a set of them in my shop right now, granted they are pretty and have a nice surface finish, We use the Ferrea sport compact springs on our heads, we have been doing so for the past year and a half. they make substantial pressure and we have had a 0% failure rate. AS well they are good to .670 lift and still have room. I believe PSI makes them for Ferrea.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Since you are local, we would like to invite you to stop by and take a tour of our factory. We will pull one of our Patriot heads and flow it for your personal observation. We welcome all visitors during regular business hours and encourage anyone to post what they observe while at our facility.

As part of our on going commitment to customer service, we include a flow sheet with each set of heads for those of you who can not visit. We believe this is a strong statement towards customer service.

For those who have asked, here is a list of our retailers: Speed Inc., Summit Racing, Force Fed High Performance, LM Performance, Combination Motorsports, Eckler's, F-body Motorsports, Pace Performance, Scoggin Dickey, Speed Unlimited, Tatum Motorsports, Year One, and coming soon, JC Whitney.

Feel free to contact Patriot Performance with any business related questions.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GUNNAR@PATRIOT
Since you are local, we would like to invite you to stop by and take a tour of our factory. We will pull one of our Patriot heads and flow it for your personal observation. We welcome all visitors during regular business hours and encourage anyone to post what they observe while at our facility.

As part of our on going commitment to customer service, we include a flow sheet with each set of heads for those of you who can not visit. We believe this is a strong statement towards customer service.

For those who have asked, here is a list of our retailers: Speed Inc., Summit Racing, Force Fed High Performance, LM Performance, Combination Motorsports, Eckler's, F-body Motorsports, Pace Performance, Scoggin Dickey, Speed Unlimited, Tatum Motorsports, Year One, and coming soon, JC Whitney.

Feel free to contact Patriot Performance with any business related questions.

I guess that squashed that that noise!

I'll be getting my Stage III's from you guys once I have my new short block in hand Gunnar, just like we discussed two weeks ago!

Jeff
Old 09-16-2004, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tommy Tucker
Oh great!
Considering i have a set of PP heads waiting to go on, what can I check myself that has been an issue in the past? They have the gold springs.
They look a nice set to me, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I was under the impression that they had sorted out the early gremlins.

Best thing to do is to have a shop flow test them if you didn't already get flow results.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

I have heard that the Patriot Gold springs were some of the best springs out there.....what do you guys think?
Old 09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

we don't care as to who are your dealers if one of the cheapest speed shops in the country drops your *** your name is going downhill fast!
Old 09-16-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

I don't want to nitpick, but I keep hearing PP state that they supply a flow sheet with every set of their heads. I never received any paperwork at all when mine were delivered. I'm not disputing the flow specs, just that I never got any paperwork like stated.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by technical
I don't want to nitpick, but I keep hearing PP state that they supply a flow sheet with every set of their heads. I never received any paperwork at all when mine were delivered. I'm not disputing the flow specs, just that I never got any paperwork like stated.

i didnt recieve one also, im still waiting on it
Old 09-16-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

bandwagoning read the forum rules...

Last edited by Chris ARE 385; 09-20-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Is it wrong for me to be kind of scared to install my pp stage 3 ls6 heads with 2.08 1.60 valves and race port option? I had no questions about it before but lately there has been a lot of "not so good" talk about their heads. Just wondering what everybody else thinks.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by technical
That's because they DID NOT flow the heads before they left the shop. That is one of the main reasons I have disassocitated myself from them. I stood in their office two months ago and told Hugh, the owner of Patriot, that he HAD to flow every head that leaves the building or there was no way they could deliver on consistant performance. I guess since he is a much more savy businessman than myself, he decided it wasn't worth the extra money/time to do it. If someone from there tells you that every set of heads were being flowed before they left, they are telling you a lie. I know this as first hand information. I could no longer have my name associated with a place that does half assed work, neither could Terry... so we are both doing something different now. I know I don't speak for TSP, but I'd imagine that they were thinking the same thing. Jason and Trevor are true "car guys" and have worked very hard to build their business into what it is today... I know they wouldn't want to compromise their investment or their name by taking a chance on a product that has proven to be hit or miss lately.