Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudmouth to qtp ory problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default loudmouth to qtp ory problem

I just installed some pacesetter headers this passed weekend and I also bolted a qtp ory to them, all that went on fine but for some reason at the end of the ory its 4 inches wide so they give me this other peice of metal that merges the 3 inch catback pipe to the 4 inch y pipe. this is where the problem is, that merger or connector wont let me push my catback far enough. DO I cut maybe 3 inches off of the catback pipe to pushit back further? You know how the loudmouth has that bend where it goes over the axle right, well right now its hitting the axle and I can't bolt it to the clamp it has on that side.

what do I do?
Old 09-17-2004, 01:05 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you'll have to cut it, i had to cut ~3" off my magnaflow I-pipe to fit my custom Y-pipe.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure that you use a file to smooth out the end of the i-pipe after cutting it. Makes it alot easier when tryin to insert the reducer onto it.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:14 AM
TECH Resident

yeah I had to cut some off my GMMG I pipe to get it to fit.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

santiago,
i will be receiving my new revised pace setter lt's and my qtp catted y-pipe next week. i'm also running the loudmouth exhaust. let me know how it sounds when you are finished.
how was the install?
any fitment issues?
how well does the qtp piece fit (to the headers & under the car), did you have any problems aside from what you mentioned?

my only concern is the qtp y-pipe and how its going to fit. qtp told me it will work with the pace setter lt's.

dan
Old 09-17-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

my QTP ory fit pretty good, but I did hafta do alot of trimming. BTW, it sounds better than any other ory's Ive heard
Old 09-19-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by speednine
santiago,
i will be receiving my new revised pace setter lt's and my qtp catted y-pipe next week. i'm also running the loudmouth exhaust. let me know how it sounds when you are finished.
how was the install?
any fitment issues?
how well does the qtp piece fit (to the headers & under the car), did you have any problems aside from what you mentioned?

my only concern is the qtp y-pipe and how its going to fit. qtp told me it will work with the pace setter lt's.

dan
the qtp ory fits fine to the pacesetters, but I had to cut about 4 inches off my loudmouth catback to be able to pushit back into the y pipe. Right now I have exhaust leaks but so far everything else seems to be fine. The sound that I got out of this setup Overpowers everyother car i 've heard in my town. I think it sounds great.
When I finished installing my headers smoke came out from under there for a few min, but then it went away.
good luck