Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Gear Help ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Gear Help ASAP!!!

Hey guys, I'm changing out my 323 for 373 tommorrow in my 99 z28! I got the gm motive gears and year one install kit, I also got the ta girdle. What else do I need? I'm thinking of replacing the bearings while I'm in there. Besides that, fluids, and ls1 edit what do I need? Thanks ahead of time.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tools: Bearing puller / press, Dial / push Indicator with magnetic base, micrometer, inch pounds torque wrench, big breaker bar or impact gun, good setup instructions, lots of patience Use a new pinion nut and make sure to locktite everything. Also think about using a solid pinion spacer rather than a new crush collar. Im planning on replacing my crush collar with the solid kit. Im just going to use the micrometer to select the proper shims to match the already crushed collar (from my current setup) and torque the pinion down to 150 Ft Lbs on the solid spacers. That shoudl leave me with teh correct preload, without ripping the whole rear apart.