Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

front lisence plate question

Old 09-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front lisence plate question

ok... dont know if this is the right place to ask this question, but i hope so

i was going to put my front lisence plate on my SS because the cops around here are real d!cks about that.i was also thinking about removing the front grill and having the holes filled and painted.

i have never seen how you install the plates so my question is...does the mounting bracket where the lisence plate goes use any of these holes or can i still do the grill mod and put a front lisence plate on?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyKeE
ok... dont know if this is the right place to ask this question, but i hope so

i was going to put my front lisence plate on my SS because the cops around here are real d!cks about that.i was also thinking about removing the front grill and having the holes filled and painted.

i have never seen how you install the plates so my question is...does the mounting bracket where the lisence plate goes use any of these holes or can i still do the grill mod and put a front lisence plate on?
i used to have no grille and u can put a little hole in the center top part of ur plate and use soe kind of a screw to hold it in the center hole, that way u can just get rid of all the other ones...looked ok

Old 09-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man... good to know
Old 09-25-2004, 06:32 PM

Here ya' go! It's a possible solution to part of your problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=license+plate
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=license+plate
Old 09-27-2004, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mfrey_...&.dnm=ecca.jpg

The person that had the car before me just had their plates screwed directly to the grill, so thats what I did with mine. I just figured what the hell b/c it looks ok. Obviously I had to bend the plate slightly, but I think it looks better than those damn plate holders that stick off the front of the car like 2 inches.

Fry
Old 09-27-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well rite now i have a wings west mask on and i just screwed the plate on it as well...bent it to fit of course, and put a frame around it, looks ok i guess, i just hate it that i gotta have it on
Old 09-28-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I put a 35th anniv. grille on mine. Didn't want to hide it, so I bought SLP's bracket. It looks absolutlely terrible, but got me by my final inspection (see sig) After inspection, off she went. I still have the holes under there in case I start getting razzed by Johnny . Sorry, no pics. Wasn't on long enough. But it is in the back with hardware if need be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front lisence plate question