Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals on Lowered Car ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals on Lowered Car ??

My friend has a 00 WS6 and his car is lowered,Dont know how much but its looks like a good amount as the Tire is like 1/2 inch from the Fender....He said he was Eibachs and Bilstein HDs....
Well He is getting a True Dual setup this coming Friday and he is going to go with Bullets....
The thing is that he hasnt seen another LS1 who is lowered and has Duals.....
We only seen and LT1 around here and they look too low, he is kinda afraid they are gonna scrape like crazy.....

I would like to ask anyone with True Duals and a Lowered LS1, Preferably a WS6 to post pics of the setup so i can print them out and show them to my friend and also the shop who is gonna be doing the install....
Are over the Axle an option ????

Thanks in advance..
Old 09-19-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well they will look the same on a Camaro as a WS6. Right now I have 3" duals and lowered 1". There is absolutly no way in hell I can got over speed-bumps. I won't scape, I will get stuck and probably bent everything up. Havent tried it yet, but I know it wont happen. I was going to get 2.5" duals out the back, but my wallet isnt that big. I estimated that to cost around $1500 to do, which includes x-pipe, Flows, tips, cats, and fabrication. Out the back will be very expensive. Also, out the back won't really improve clearence. It's just for sound and legality issues.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A 3 inch dual system, if dont right will be no lower than a 3 inch y pipe setup. But even a 3 inch y-pipe setup will have clearance problems on a significantly lowered car. The problem is going under the drivers seat. After I lower my car, I am going to have to get some more work done to my 3inch system. At least your friend is lucky and already lowered the car.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Im selling my lanes 3" duals. About the best clearance you can get as far as duals go. Have your friend PM me with an offer if hes intrested.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Z/28 is lowered with the Eibach Pro-kit. I also have 2.5" true duals with sweet-thunder chambered mufflers.

My ground clearance is excellent with this setup.

Here is the post that I made after installing the exhaust.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/210279-prokit-2-5-true-duals-pics.html

I also have a few pics on my webshots site:
sweet-thunder pics
Old 09-20-2004, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

If the system is done right with bullets the ground clearance is comparable to a 3" y pipe. I switched from bullets to some 4x9x14 dynomax ultraflo mufflers on my true duals and ground clearance became much more scarce.

Quick Reply: True Duals on Lowered Car ??